Esteemed Contributor

Ever since Borba discontinued his fantastic line of skin care I have been one unhappy lady. His day and night moisturizers plus the eye cream kept my skin radiant.  I am tired of spending money trying to replace what I loved only to be disappointed again and again.  Am I being too picky?  Maybe.

Avon has been around forever, they must be doing something right so I decided to give them a try.  If anyone reading this is an Avon user please tell me what you use and/or give me some advice.  Believe me, I will be most appreciative. 

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Any Avon Users Out There?

What types of products are you looking for?

The only Avon skin care I use consistently is Dramatic Firming Cream - I've used it every day for 20+ years because I believe it works to firm my neck.  Another product I order on a regular basis is colorless Lip Conditioner and Nurtura moisturizing cream in the winter.  Other than that, I've dabbled with Avon's makeup, fragrances, bath products, etc.  Can't help you with their high-end skin care items.  I place an online order about 3 times a year or whenever DFC is on sale.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lindsays Grandma  WOW - Borba, there's another blast from the past.  I used to use a few of his products. He didn't last long here.

Avon - skin-so-soft is the only product we use this time of season.

Trusted Contributor

All of my skincare and makeup is from Avon.  I use Anew Vitale (the pink one) cleanser and moisturizer.  Have been for years.  In the last year or so I have added the Anew Vitamin C brightening serum, which I apply after cleansing but before moisturiing.  I would not be without these items.  I have run out of one or the other on occasion and I can tell the difference in my skin.  So now I make sure I have one in use and one extra on hand.

I recently tried Anew Reversalist (cream and burgundy packagng) and it was too rich for my skin.  I ended up giving it to my aunt.

I cannot really comment on the night mositurizer because I very rarely use it.  I only wash my face at night if I have worn makeup that day.  On those days I do use the night cream, too.  I do not use eye cream at all.

Occasional Contributor

I am in my early 60's and I love the Avon Anew Power Serum. The regular price is $40.00 but the last 2 times I purchased it there was a special price of $22.99 so you might want to wait for the special to try it. I also use The Anew Multi-Performance Day Cream and Anew Multi-Performance Night Cream which have worked well for me. Just remember to look for their specials. 

Contributor

Just wanted to let you know that DFC is currently on sale -- 3 for $14.99.  Thought you might like to stock up.  BTW, thanks for the tip re: the cream -- I'm going to give it a try!

Respected Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma

My friend at work sells Avon so she gives me a lot of samples, plus my Christmas and birthday gifts from her are always Avon products. 

What I have found is that most of the skin care products she has given me are highly fragranced and I will not put anything with fragrance on my face, since that is something that one can become sensitized to and can cause irritation.  For that reason, these more expensive anti-aging creams get relegated for use as body creams.  I can't even use them on my neck, as the fragrance in most of these is so strong and I can smell it all day.  It's a shame but I end up using these products mostly on my feet and legs. 

I did use the power serum on my face (again, a gift) but got no results.  She also gifted me the Vitamin C serum but I ended up throwing it out because it felt too oily for me (and again, fragranced).

I would not spend my money on these products.

Esteemed Contributor

Love Avon products but I don't buy skin care there or anywhere else.  I really do not believe in them. 

Trusted Contributor

Lindsays Grandma:  I saw a few of Borba's products for sale on drskinspa.com

Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

Ever since Borba discontinued his fantastic line of skin care I have been one unhappy lady. His day and night moisturizers plus the eye cream kept my skin radiant.  I am tired of spending money trying to replace what I loved only to be disappointed again and again.  Am I being too picky?  Maybe.

Avon has been around forever, they must be doing something right so I decided to give them a try.  If anyone reading this is an Avon user please tell me what you use and/or give me some advice.  Believe me, I will be most appreciative. 

@Lindsays Grandma

I'm an Avon fan ... but what I use probably isn't what you are looking for. 

My advice would be to:

a.  find an Avon rep to talk to,

b.  use the "shop with a rep" (upper left of home page),

c.  or read all the product descriptions.