Honored Contributor

Re: Any Avon Users Out There?

@BARBIE100 My Grandma used to use a scent they had in the 50's called TO A WILD ROSE. OMG it was fabulous.I'd love to smell that light rose scent again. I've never found another rose scented perfume as nice.

Esteemed Contributor

My most recent Avon purchase was hand cream which is excellent.  The glycolic acid pads are very good too.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma

Check out l'occitane dot com --- fantastic products. I love their face & body creams, face & body oils, colognes, etc. Depending how much u spend, u get a "free gift of one of their products" or u get a big discount on another product. Free shipping over a certain amount spent. One of my favorite companies - everything smells great and very well packaged. I gave my 3 male roomies a set of hand, foot, body creams for Christmas. I like their sets.

Esteemed Contributor

@151949wrote:

@BARBIE100 My Grandma used to use a scent they had in the 50's called TO A WILD ROSE. OMG it was fabulous.I'd love to smell that light rose scent again. I've never found another rose scented perfume as nice.

I have always loved a rose scent, anything with a rose, Lily of the Valley or a citrus scent works for me.  Fracas, which is expensive has been my favorite for years.  I gather, To A Wild Rose is no longer in existence?

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

I've used Avon since I was in my 20's. I'm 64 and still use Avon products. I'm on a kick now of buying their gel nail polish. OMG this polish stays on forever! Heart

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

@BARBIE100wrote:

I used to love Avon! Haven't used it in years. I remember using Roses Roses fragrances.  

I used a Rose scented fragrance for years.  In the eighties I was the manager for a man who had an investment company and one day his wife stopped by and the first words out of her mouth was "It smells so good in here, like roses."  I use fragrance sparingly so was stunned she could smell it, thank goodness it smelled good.  By the way, is that you in the picture?  If so you are a very attractive woman.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Trusted Contributor

Thank you, @Lindsays Grandma Yep that's me. LOL

There was also a fragrance (floral) that I loved, called Spanish Geranium. I loved it. I thought it was by Avon but the more that I think about it,  believe it was Faberge.

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Frequent Contributor

Clinical eye lift

Honored Contributor

I sold Avon in the 1980’s. Have not used it since. I am sure it has changed a lot over 30 plus years.....?

Occasional Contributor

Order on line.  Terrific website and when you open the parcel, they use lovely paper with seal.  Lovely touch.  Their customer service is terrific.  You don’t have to have a rep at all. Hope this helps.