Esteemed Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

I feel like I used to watch the Beekman boys on a reality type show years ago.  One worked a white collar job and the other was a SAHGM.

Haven't seen them on any shopping channel, no need for goat soap here.  I'm against using animal products or animal production.  (Mass production=not a picnic for the milk bearers.)

Next they'll be selling food items and it'll be P&PITKWD.

What is a SAHGM?

@mom2four0418 

Stay

At

Home

Goat

Mom

SAHGM

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

I know that they use the goat milk for the soap, but I wonder if they drink it too?

I LOVE me some goat milk!

It's so rich and creamy, and DEEEEEEEE-LICIOUS!!!!!!! YUM!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

The goats are so cute and they seem sweet!

Honored Contributor

@icezeus  I love animals.  I have two spoiled dogs.  Here is a picture of my youngest one who jumped into the bed in our RV and tore up the bed and made the pillows comfortable for her.

230379FC-E4C2-49EE-8F5B-0251BDD7D0F8.jpeg

I don't think the goats on the Beekman program are too happy to be where they are.  Shawn was trying to pet them and they kept running away.  They were not overly friendly and did not appear to be happy with their situation....and out of the three that I saw, only one was female.  I passed biology with flying colors.  You can't get milk from a male goat.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I think it's so cute when someone on the set is holding a goat in their arms, petting it....awwww.

I have posted this before, but host on Evine, Erin Newburg, had her pretty red blouse soaked to the bone when holding one of those goats, she handled it like a pro. 

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I think it is cruel when any animal doesn't get outside sometimes.  What if you never got to go out and get fresh air, smell the rain, lay out in the sun, feel the breeze, look around at the world, or simply take a walk around the yard?

What if you were housebound?  

Animals are not people.

I have two cats who never go outside. It is too dangerous for them.  They can escape too easily.

Dogs normally go outside to do their business. Whoever said they should never go outside?

Esteemed Contributor

I love it when they goats are playful! They're so much fun to watch! The love to chase each other, and rear up on their hind legs. 

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 @suzyQ3 - Dehorning a goat is somewhat controversial.

A goat's horns serve to regulate body temperature in hot weather especially.  An Angora goat should never be dehorned for that reason.

And, if a goat is going to be dehorned, it should be done by a veterinarian at a very early age, before the horns perforate the skin.  Otherwise, it can cause serious damage.

The horns also serve as protection (much like a cat's claws) but, yes, they can be dangerous depending on the circumstances.  Goats are playful and rambunctious.  My take would be, if you can't leave them alone, don't have a goat as a pet.  But that's just my opinion.

Honored Contributor

To the original topic of this thread - I'd rather have goats on set than some people.

Also, the goats are from a local sanctuary and are intended to bring awareness to that and the need to support them.  And, yes, they're adorable!

Respected Contributor

I don't care for anything "goat"....milk, cheese, and they scare me.