Super Contributor

@bmorechick wrote:

While the goats were cute, they are outside animals and belong in a barn or outside. Same with the dogs Chaz brings. Nice dogs but seriously? Leave them home or with a pet sitter.  We grew up with dogs, but the dog stayed outside in most weather, except for rain, snow or bitter cold. They had a nice dog house and when inside, stayed in the laundry room.No roaming the house or up on furniture.  They are animals...not people or children. Omg what next...

I respect your right to have an opinion, but I certainly hope you don't have dogs now.  Most people would consider that abusive these days.  Dogs are family and should be treated as such.  I do not like dogs on the furniture either, and train my (large) dogs to stay off because I do think about my guests and I don't want my furniture damaged.  My dogs have beds in the house.  Most of what you describe is a very old-fashioned way of thinking.

As for the goats, if it was a problem, they would not be on the air.  I think most people find animals calming, especially when they are well behaved.  Goats are a staple in children's petting zoos.  I have an adorable picture of one of my sons, about 3 years old, on his knees, nose to nose with a goat that was sitting down.  Not all goats stink, not all goats jump.  Some have been hand raised and are gentle.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Animals on the set

[ Edited ]

@kelsey17 wrote:

I just don't see the necessity with bringing the goats....same as Wen bringing his dogs on set...who always looked so

"out of it"...................

The products will sell w/the animals on set..

Without the goats I guess there would be no product because, purportedly, the items are all goat milk based. In that regard, I can somewhat understand having the cute goats on set. And if you haven't already noticed, these Beekman Boys are ALL ABOUT marketing! BTW, the Boys in the past on other networks have stated that the goats they have on set are not their own from their farm...they would not subject them to the long travel time. Instead, they would procure goats locally wherever they were to have on set. I don't know if that is true with the goats on QVC, but that is what they've stated in the past.

And as far as I know, Chaz Dean's dogs in no way contribute to the manufacture of his products. LOL!!!       

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

There were three goats last night.  Someone was feeding them lettuce and carrots on the stairs by putting it on the steps causing them to climb.

They were pooping and peeing on the floors.  The camera person was not trying to avoid the poop shots.

The goats I saw were not baby goats, they were adults.  They seemed to be not scared of people, but they were not all that friendly.

I agree, they should do the shows without the goats. They are not necessary and very distracting.

@Carmie 

I consider myself an animal person. When I had my large dog the only time that he was outside would be while I was at work, other than that he was part of my family. However, I would not have wanted to watch what I have highlighted above while trying to enjoy a television show.

Honored Contributor

I feel like I used to watch the Beekman boys on a reality type show years ago.  One worked a white collar job and the other was a SAHGM.

Haven't seen them on any shopping channel, no need for goat soap here.  I'm against using animal products or animal production.  (Mass production=not a picnic for the milk bearers.)

Next they'll be selling food items and it'll be P&PITKWD.

Valued Contributor

HAHAHAHAHA!! the Goat Poop is incredibly delicious!! I bought some for my son in law. he loved it. the goats are cute and make the shows interesting. their stuff is incredible. a dust pan and a broom to sweep up the goat poop... not a big deal.

Respected Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

I feel like I used to watch the Beekman boys on a reality type show years ago.  One worked a white collar job and the other was a SAHGM.

Haven't seen them on any shopping channel, no need for goat soap here.  I'm against using animal products or animal production.  (Mass production=not a picnic for the milk bearers.)

Next they'll be selling food items and it'll be P&PITKWD.

What is a SAHGM?

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Valued Contributor

people just live for negativity.  precious goats.

Esteemed Contributor
I am sure the Beekman men travel with people who help them and clean up the goatpoop. I cannot believe the things some of you complain about. I am sure the food sets are nowhere near this set. QVC is a massive place
Esteemed Contributor
@soso

Amen
Valued Contributor

They use it to market their product!!!!!!!!!!!!  and its working for them!!!!!!!!!  standing ovation!!!!