Respected Contributor

I wondered the same thing.  I was raised on a farm.  When our farm animals had to "go" they "went".  Made no difference where they were or who was watching.  I wouldn't want to be on cleanup detail.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Not far from the truth as far as what it actually looks like in real life...

download.jpg

Deer scat looks like that too.  Unfortunately I found a pile in the back yard already this Spring.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I don't know why it was necessary to bring the goats all the way to the studio when they could be running around the farm.  I assume it was a sales motive because the goats are cute and for animal lovers, like me, it could be a motive to buy.

I am sure they thought of the issue of waste and had people on hand to deal with it. I would assume there were people who transported the goats to the set from the farm.

To be honest I prefer the goats on the set than some of the hosts and vendors!

Honored Contributor

I think the goats are cute and looked very clean.I would rather sweep up goat poop than vomit if I was on a cleaning crew.I have seen some nasty human messes left for cleaning crews that are imo not safe for anyone without protective gear.

Respected Contributor

Re: Animals on the set

[ Edited ]

I think they're cute and fun to watch, but I've always thought that if I were a host it would make me nervous and distracted.  I would always be wondering where they were and what they were doing.  A host's job is tough enough, having to present the products, talk to callers, listen to producers in your ear, etc.  The last thing I would want is wild animals roaming about, and slipping if they went weewee somewhere.  But, I understand, it's a very effective sales tactic. 

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

When I was young, I had a pet Alpine male goat, and he didn't smell.

Know why?

Because as my late mother used to say, she had him de-horned and de-nutted (neutered).

No smell.

As for cleaning up their poop, if you are hired as a janitor at QVC, you clean everything, including goat poop.

In case anybody didn't know, goat poop is pellets, kinda like rabbit poop.

So all you need is a broom and a dust pan.

It's not like you would be cleaning up steaming cow patties.

@Anonymous032819, I wonder whether that would be considered acceptable today.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Animals on the set

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

When I was young, I had a pet Alpine male goat, and he didn't smell.

Know why?

Because as my late mother used to say, she had him de-horned and de-nutted (neutered).

No smell.

As for cleaning up their poop, if you are hired as a janitor at QVC, you clean everything, including goat poop.

In case anybody didn't know, goat poop is pellets, kinda like rabbit poop.

So all you need is a broom and a dust pan.

It's not like you would be cleaning up steaming cow patties.

@Anonymous032819, I wonder whether that would be considered acceptable today.

@suzyQ3 

What? To have a goat's horns surgically removed by a farm vet, and neutered at the same time?

Why not?

Stallions get gelded all the time, why not neuter a goat?

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

The goats are adorable and its nice to see something different.  

Respected Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

Ummm janitors clean up way worse mess in human restrooms every day.

Yep!  I would rather pick up after the goats.  Haters gotta hate.

Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Pook wrote:

Even though I haven't liked any of their products that I purchased, I just love those adorable goats and often watch for them only!  Why would anyone care about who cleans up their waste?  It's not like they are showing any waste from the goats up close!  They are always well behaved.  I would love to work with the goats!

@Pook 

If you worked for Q would you like to be told to go clean up the goat poop???

Not right for anyone working at Q told to take care of it IMO.

The person hired for that job needs to know that's what they And you know for a fact that is happening?  How long have you worked there??!!  I would think they have a crew that travels with them but even so..  I am sure there are janitors and those who clean up the studio and that would include anything - even someone throwing up.  When you have such a job you clean up!!

@Pook 

If I was a janitor I would expect to clean bathrooms, vacuum, mop but not clean up someone's throw up or goat poop. That's when I would say what Johnny Paycheck from his song. LOL!!!

I have really done that at a job.

I was hired to do payroll, account payable/receivables, data entry etc. Come Weds they said time to stop work to clean the office, vacuum, dust, mop, clean the bathrooms. I thought No Way. I was not hired as a maid. I went to the guy that hired me & told him what I thought. I used that phrase from Johnny Paychecks song & walked out the door.