Reply
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 90
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

There is something about having those two live goats on the sets that is unsettling to

me.  Gary Goban was afraid they would jump on him and I am sure the models would

not like it either.  Who cleans us their "waste matter"?  Seeing those live goats just turns me off and I don't even want to hear the presentation about the products. JMHO.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 14,767
Registered: ‎03-15-2014

I've also wondered if the animals make messes on set.  I guess the Beekmans have people who take care of such things.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 15,159
Registered: ‎03-11-2010

Re: Animals on the set

[ Edited ]

They are cute but I'm sure they poop all over the set. I doubt Beekman has anything to do with cleanup.

Someone working for Q gets stuck with the cleanup. If I worked for Q & they told me to clean the goat poop I would say I think not. I was not hired to clean up goat poop.

That's probably why there is only 2 goats. They had more goats when they were on Evine. Evine eventually did put something on the floors to keep up with the mess. 

I love Beekman soap & body butter but don't think the goats are necessary.

I passed on the TS since I have 25 bars of their soap. LOL!!!

Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,344
Registered: ‎03-20-2010

Even though I haven't liked any of their products that I purchased, I just love those adorable goats and often watch for them only!  Why would anyone care about who cleans up their waste?  It's not like they are showing any waste from the goats up close!  They are always well behaved.  I would love to work with the goats!

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,846
Registered: ‎04-23-2010

@OldNana80 wrote:

There is something about having those two live goats on the sets that is unsettling to

me.  Gary Goban was afraid they would jump on him and I am sure the models would

not like it either.  Who cleans us their "waste matter"?  Seeing those live goats just turns me off and I don't even want to hear the presentation about the products. JMHO.


Isn't Gary Goban the Denim & Co rep? Were the goats helping to sell the clothing?  Hopefully there are no kitchen or food shows today. 

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor
Posts: 15,159
Registered: ‎03-11-2010

@Pook wrote:

Even though I haven't liked any of their products that I purchased, I just love those adorable goats and often watch for them only!  Why would anyone care about who cleans up their waste?  It's not like they are showing any waste from the goats up close!  They are always well behaved.  I would love to work with the goats!


@Pook 

 

If you worked for Q would you like to be told to go clean up the goat poop???

Not right for anyone working at Q told to take care of it IMO.

The person hired for that job needs to know that's what they will be doing.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,210
Registered: ‎03-11-2010

While the goats were cute, they are outside animals and belong in a barn or outside. Same with the dogs Chaz brings. Nice dogs but seriously? Leave them home or with a pet sitter.  We grew up with dogs, but the dog stayed outside in most weather, except for rain, snow or bitter cold. They had a nice dog house and when inside, stayed in the laundry room.No roaming the house or up on furniture.  They are animals...not people or children. Omg what next...

Honored Contributor
Posts: 33,153
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Farm person here.  So lucky me, I'm certainly not too good to clean up after an animal.  That being said, they should be outside where they belong. And goats smell like, well, goats.  OH my what a scent. 

 

My horse could smell a goat a block away and it was a struggle to get her to go nearer than that.  

Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,344
Registered: ‎03-20-2010

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Pook wrote:

Even though I haven't liked any of their products that I purchased, I just love those adorable goats and often watch for them only!  Why would anyone care about who cleans up their waste?  It's not like they are showing any waste from the goats up close!  They are always well behaved.  I would love to work with the goats!


@Pook 

 

If you worked for Q would you like to be told to go clean up the goat poop???

Not right for anyone working at Q told to take care of it IMO.

The person hired for that job needs to know that's what they And you know for a fact that is happening?  How long have you worked there??!!  I would think they have a crew that travels with them but even so..  I am sure there are janitors and those who clean up the studio and that would include anything - even someone throwing up.  When you have such a job you clean up!!

Honored Contributor
Posts: 36,444
Registered: ‎05-22-2016

I love animals. I don't mind seeing them on the set...they are so stinkin' cute. Heart