Frequent Contributor

Re: A Rave for Nordstrom's & Jo Malone & Clinique

It's always a nice surprise to shop at a really good store, with great customer service.

I like Nordstroms and Neiman Marcus for that reason.

Josie Maran (her own website) has awesome customer service also, which is especially surprising for an e-tailer.

For all the shopping I do, those 3 are the only ones that really stand out.

Enjoy your 'haul', Irish!

Honored Contributor

Here are the 6 "recipes" from my kit: Lime basil + grapefruit=fresh Lime basil + vetyver=warm Vanilla anise + orange blossom=fresh Vanilla anise + nutmeg ginger=warm Nectarine honey+ red roses=fresh Nectarine honey + pomegranate noir=warm Jo recommends that you spray 1st fragrance, let dry, then spray 2nd over the top Enjoy!!!!!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Super Contributor

I got loads of samples in the strangest place---Las Vegas! Many resort towns have Jo Malone boutiques and they are very generous with their samples.

Super Contributor

I. LOVE. NORDSTROM'S. It's just that simple. A couple of years ago I purchased the Estee Lauder/Michael Kors Christmas GWP online. I bought some fragrance of EL in order to get the bag. The shipping was free. I received the order quickly. However, they sent the wrong order. No MK bag GWP, no fragrance! I called and the CS rep was incredibly kind and apologetic. She sent out the order, loaded it up with samples and told me to keep what had been sent. She sent it out next day Fedex at no extra charge.

The nice thing about keeping that order was it consisted of something I would never have ordered or even thought of buying: EL foaming cleanser. There were three of them in the wrong order. I gave one to my best friend and after a few months decided to try it. It is now my preferred cleanser. It is wonderful. It leaves my skin so nice and not dry.

My other go to store is Barney's in NYC. They are so very generous with samples.

Super Contributor

On 6/2/2014 Chi-town girl said: Here are the 6 "recipes" from my kit: Lime basil + grapefruit=fresh Lime basil + vetyver=warm Vanilla anise + orange blossom=fresh Vanilla anise + nutmeg ginger=warm Nectarine honey+ red roses=fresh Nectarine honey + pomegranate noir=warm Jo recommends that you spray 1st fragrance, let dry, then spray 2nd over the top Enjoy!!!!!

Trusted Contributor

LOVE Nordstrom. Always order online . Store at a great distance. Cust service A+. Free shipping and returns . Usually receive merchandise in about three days. ( live in the DEEP South) Also LOVE Neiman last call sales online. Free shipping Pkg. also arrives within a few days. My other fav is definitely Josie Maran. Cust service is A+ Wish Josie would develop a perfume. Hercream with apricot is wonderful.

Honored Contributor

Wow, it sure paid off chatting with her. I like the vanilla/anise. It doesn't smell like either one of these. Just clean. Pretty. Like, what is that lovely fragrance. I only use the body creams. For some reason the parfums don't smell like the creams. I wanted to layer, but no can do. They're just too different.

Honored Contributor

Pomegranate Noir is fruity and beautiful. I also consider it a tad spicy. I own it & love it. Good for you == enjoy your samples. If I were you, I would make this Sa my contact for all beauty purchases. She sent that to you showing that she wants your business. They usually never give that many samples. Other scents I like by Jo are White Jasmine & Mint, Vanilla & anise. I don't like a flowery scents but the mint in White Jasmine wit Mint makes it quite unique. Lime Manderin Basil is a light summer scent that is nice too.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

My year 'round favorites are Lime, Basil & Mandarin and Earl Grey & Cucumber. I also love Dark Amber & Ginger Lily for winter - it's too heavy for me the rest of the year.

Valued Contributor

Hi Irish-

So glad you had such a good experience.

I love Nordstrom. It's one of my favorite stores on the planet.

I have liked the few JM scents I've tried over the years. I have one of the small EDTs in something with mint in the name. I know that's not helpful. I don't reach for it a lot, though. But I'm a scent junkie and I have lots of different ones. Next time I'm in Nordies I'll have to check out the JM counter again!