Honored Contributor

Re: 60's ladies and all ages come and chat for July....

Helen, I am glad you cleared that up for me. I thought you were in SD & then I thought I was loosing it. That is a beautiful part of the country. You are close to Mexico, when I lived there it was a great climate, LaJolla was a beautiful area but pricey. I lived there with my girlfriend when her husband was in Japan with the Navy. We use to go to Coronado Island by Ferry and shortly after a bridge was built. Coronado had a beautiful beach.

Mochahoney, I live in the Chicago southwest suburbs. Chicago always had humid weather, unfortunately but not everyday. I was born & raised in Chicago and use to go to Marshall Field's flag store every year at Christmas. Lately, we have had a lot of humid weather & rain. I hope you enjoy the cake. It's not that difficult to make but it's perfect for hot weather because it's not heavy like regular cake.

Bobbiesue, Hope you are feeling well. Thinking of you.

Loves, So cute outfit for the baby. Enjoy your grandchild.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

On 7/1/2014 lovestoteach said:

OK thanks I will try it!

Well, I did it a little differently than planned!

This is a blog image... don't know where I found it but I did and then kept the pic!

beautiful images. I love these photos. I hope I can see this type of art in person one day, but for now I can only look at pics.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

HI EVERYONE......Just walked in, literally, so catching up on emails and, of course, with our friends here. Hope you all had a good day and for those battling health issues, hopefully are feeling better and in less pain. After a shift, although short, at the hospital I feel blessed with good health, at least for now. MOCHAHONEY, I see you've kept busy on here today (-; I love it. That picture of Helen of Troy made me smile. I wish I could post a picture my Mother took of me as a little girl holding a mirror (like the one in the pic) brushing my hair. Looks almost identical! I wasn't able to see the pics of PUDDLES or KAT....said image wasn't available. I'm looking on my Ipad, though. Maybe that's why. It was really hot here again today. Luckily, there's A/C in the hospital. We're going out for a quick bite, so I'll try to get back on here later when we return. Enjoy the rest of the evening EVERYONE....this is me waving! Helen XO
~H~
Honored Contributor

Looking at my clock, I'm sure most of you have already gone to bed. It's not even 8:00 here, but I've decided to turn in early myself. I have the TV on, and I'm ready to start a new book. KAT, thank you for your cake recipe. Be a great light dessert for this weekend. I, too, love Lemon anything. SPAMMOM, hope you're doing OK. LOVES, I'll bet you don't get much sleep tonight counting the hours until you see your baby girl. Enjoy every minute. MOCHAHONEY, checked again and I was able to see the pics you posted that I couldn't before. Cute and fun to look at. Thanks! Keeping everyone in my thoughts....Good Night and sweet dreams!
~H~
Esteemed Contributor

Helen, how long did it take for your beefsteak tomatoes to get from this stage photo 22332e86-45aa-4823-ac2f-b342211fb794.jpg to red and juicy?

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Valued Contributor

I had a stereotactic breast biopsy about a month ago which was thankfully benign. The past few weeks, I get a sharp pain in the area when I turn suddenly in a certain direction. A friend told me that this is probably scar tissue. Based on some of your own experiences, does this go away on its own? Thank you.

Esteemed Contributor

QVCPhobe, I know you're very relieved to have that over with and to have negative results. I think your friend is probably correct. adhesions, or scar tissue can cause that kind of pain. especially when it happens basically when you turn or twist in a certain direction. when I had my breast biopsies I didn't have that issue afterwards, so I can't speak from experience. my opinion is based more on general nursing knowledge.

come back and post with us again.

Valued Contributor

Thank you Mochahoney. You helped to rest my mind. I will call my doctor next week. With the holiday I will wait until then. It is not blinding pain, but it took me by surprise and I have to pause a moment.

Respected Contributor

Hello, everyone. Smile

Since my user name is NC Bandwagon, that's short for Nick Chavez, whom I also refer to as the gorgeous Indian from Beverly Hills. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} I'm not too much of a talker, but I enjoy listening to and looking at other peoples' stories and experiences. I saw that there are some people in this thread who've had to go to the doctor. So I hope that everything turns out well for all of you.

Oh, the games in Brazil are over. Belgium won, so congratulations to them.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Super Contributor

Good early Wednesday morning everyone.

Just watching the news & weather- going to be yet another hot one here today-mid-upper 90s with high humidity. And I've got some errands to run today, so I want to get an early start to the grocery store before the crowds hit to buy what I need for the 4th. Bob wants sloppy joes instead of burger & hot dogs, which is fine with me, so I need to get the fixings for that. I will also fix potato salad, baked beans, and desert. Kat's Chiffon cake sounds real good. I too, love anything lemon.

For those of you who like yogurt, I'm eating a variety now that I have never tried before, but it is good. Chobani Greek Yogurt-- low fat coconut yogurt with dark chocolate slivers, & honey roasted salted almond pieces that you mix in the yogurt. I am not a big yogurt eater, but thre are some flavor & varieties out there that I do enjoy. This one I will be buying again.

Hope everyone has a good day. For those of you who are suffering, in pain, and/or just don't feel well, I send good thoughts to you.

BBL,

Cindy