Respected Contributor

Re: 60's ladies and all ages come and chat for July....

Helen, I got that email too but I think it applies only to purchases made with the ShopHQ card. I closed my Shop credit card account months ago ( along with almost all my credit card accounts) when I retired and we're in the process of paying off all our CC debt. free shipping is a great thing, though.

here's an avatar for you, Helen ( of Troy) Smile. http://topicstock.pantip.com/library/topicstock/2012/03/K11853408/K11853408-24.jpg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

Hi Ladies, Happy Tuesday. We had 3 storms come through here yesterday starting around 7 pm and still going at 11 pm. Some areas further south were hit really bad with huge, old trees down, no electricity, etc. I am thankful our area is okay.

I would like to share this light cake recipe with you. Perhaps you could make for the 4th of July.

LEMON CHIFFON CaKE (orange below) - Heat oven to 325

2-1/4 c cake flour, 1-1/2 c sugar, 3 t baking powder (I use without aluminum), 1 t salt - Mix all these ingredients together and make a well and add:

1/2 c veg. oil, 5 egg yolks, 3/4 c cold water, 2 t zest of lemon, 2 t vanilla extract - Beat with spoon until smooth.

You will also need about 7 or 8 egg whites (1 cup @ room temperature). In a large bowl beat with 1/2 t cream of tartar. Beat so egg whites are stiff peaks. Slowly pour batter over egg whites and fold in.

Pour into ungreased tube pan 10 x 4 in. Bake for 1 to 1-1/4 hour. Test with toothpick.

Icing

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Katcat, thank you for the recipe. looks delicious. anything with lemon, lime or orange zest is hard to resist.

what part of the country are you in? I can't remember where everybody is from except cindyinfl ( duh {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}). glad you're OK.

here are 2 cats ( Kat cat) for you

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Respected Contributor

h2be, congratulations on your 43rd anniversary. DH and I will have our 33rd in November. I'm sure summertime is really busy for you, if you live near all those ball playing grandsons. when will your granddaughter be here?

https://fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net/hprofile-ak-ash2/t1/c0.1.180.180/s160x160/18147_107938369218205_16344_a.jpg?lvh=1http://www.uh.edu/engines/number-two.png

Respected Contributor

Puddles, did you see my question about celebrating the 4th of July in the UK? just wondering if you do , or if any Americans living in the UK do.

here's a pretty puddle for you

Respected Contributor

, hope all went well for your pre-op.

Honored Contributor

In honor of our grand baby's visit beginning tomorrow, I posted this picture, as I thought it would be appropriate! I'm so excited I can't think straight!

Mochahoney... (dear little doggie you had) how do I post pictures from my photobucket account? I just am stumped about that? Thanks!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

s2TEACH, I'm using a Mac so I go to my photobucket library, choose the photo I want to copy then hold the control button down while I click. if you're not using a Mac, I think you would put the cursor over the photo and right click then click on copy. then when you are ready to put the photo somewhere else do the same thing but right click to paste.

love your iPOOD onesie! I know you're excited.

Honored Contributor

OK thanks I will try it!

Well, I did it a little differently than planned!

This is a blog image... don't know where I found it but I did and then kept the pic!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

can you tell it's too hot to go outside today? I'm spending way too much time on the computer, although I have done some laundry and made some soup. I did something I haven't done in years today also. I bought a pair of earrings from QVC. I never do that anymore but I've been looking for some small white gold hoops and couldn't resist the almost 1/2 price Eterna Gold hoops from earlier today, J294312.

someone else needs to post so I'll have something to read instead of babbling on {#emotions_dlg.lol}.