Esteemed Contributor

Re: 50+ Beauties Do You Prefer Powder Or Cream Blush

I use powder blush--only because I think it's quicker and easier to put on. I'm 53.
Honored Contributor

I LOVE cream sticks, made by Clinique. I plan to try the new blush pencils soon. I'd love to try the Avon blush sticks but I don't have Access to samples. The Clinique seems to last pretty well for me.
Respected Contributor

i also love the sephora cream blush, and i wear the fuchsia flush color, which looks like a horribly dark berry color in the package ... but on me it is a really nice, soft blush of color. and when i use a powder blush, i swear by loreal true match. i have actually used up a whole pan of that, and recently replaced it.

Esteemed Contributor

I am now using Trish's liquid paint brush blush. It's very light and very nice. I use powder blush but always use a sponge to go over the outside ring all the way around. I'll never forget my mother quietly told me one day that my brother told her she had too much ""rouge"" on. Mom was so embarrassed by that. Nobody wants to look like a clown at any age.

Contributor

Always use cream first. Sometimes follow the cream w/ a powder blush to set it but not always. Then set everything w/ powder last. But always the cream blush goes first. If i use powder alone, it just doesn't last on me.

Respected Contributor

Powder for this 59-year-old! I've tried creams but, even with primer, they fade away too fast. Plus, I like the quick & easy application of a powder. My cheeks are fairly line-free so that's not an issue.

Respected Contributor

On 11/12/2014 dionline said:

51 and oily skin here - I only use a powder blush.

I agree and age shouldn't be the deciding factor but your skin type. If you are a younger person and have oily skin you probably mostly use powder blush. Although, I would imagine that some powder blush has more moisturizing properties than some others.