Respected Contributor

Re: $400 FOR A HAIR DRYER? SERIOUSLY?

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Ms tyrion2

Perhaps you didn't notice the "JMO" in my post?  Perhaps it was about time management and making one's life easier?   Perhaps it's time to give it a rest.   

Ok, @Tinkrbl44.

Right back atcha. Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

I have to admit I've been tempted. I also have ultra thick, curly hair. I have a nice Solano drier but it still takes me a good 40 minutes to dry my hair with a diffuser. My hair is medium length and no, I'm not cutting it short! Man Tongue

I will wait to see if a Sephora or ULTA 20% off coupon will work and consider it. I choose my luxury purchases wisely. I bought a good car that is going strong at almost 9 years old. I bought a Rainbow vacuum nearly 15 years ago that will probably .last my lifetime. If this drier performs as advertised, it would be worth it. If not, i would return it. 

Ulta won't allow you to use the coupon.  I tried it the last time I got a "prestige-eligible" coupon from them.

I am hoping Sephora allows it.  I am considering it.  

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Trusted Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

I have to admit I've been tempted. I also have ultra thick, curly hair. I have a nice Solano drier but it still takes me a good 40 minutes to dry my hair with a diffuser. My hair is medium length and no, I'm not cutting it short! Man Tongue

I will wait to see if a Sephora or ULTA 20% off coupon will work and consider it. I choose my luxury purchases wisely. I bought a good car that is going strong at almost 9 years old. I bought a Rainbow vacuum nearly 15 years ago that will probably .last my lifetime. If this drier performs as advertised, it would be worth it. If not, i would return it. 

Ulta won't allow you to use the coupon.  I tried it the last time I got a "prestige-eligible" coupon from them.

Winamac,  if you can't use the coupon, one other suggestion is to get it at Ulta when they have their point special.  I bought it on a day when they had 5x points.... so I earned 2000 points, which equated to over $100 in store credit.  I'm actually surprised they allowed it on the dryer because usually there are so many exceptions.

Respected Contributor

@Knit-Chick wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

Winamac,  if you can't use the coupon, one other suggestion is to get it at Ulta when they have their point special.  I bought it on a day when they had 5x points.... so I earned 2000 points, which equated to over $100 in store credit.  I'm actually surprised they allowed it on the dryer because usually there are so many exceptions.

That's a good idea Kathleen.

I can also save up my ULTA rewards points to use. 

Once in awhile I get a 20% coupon that works with prestige cosmetics. Too bad it doesn't work for the Dyson.

Honored Contributor

My Dyson arrived today and I am super impressed with the packaging, I will test it tomorrow and report back

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@makena wrote:

Did you hear that one caller say she used to sit in front of the dyson fan/heater to dry her hair!  I might spend that much if I had long thick hair like I used to many moons ago.  I used to burn out the "hot combs" (dating myself) because I had to run it so long to dry my hair.  So I can understand why someone might purchase it.

But seriously, that caller justified it by saying she just put her husband in a nursing home so now if she purchased this hairdryer she could get out the door faster to go visit him.  She didn't have to justify it to anyone.  But I just can't believe she said that.

Talk about clever marketing and hitting a target audience - just the statement of the "call in's" and "testimonial calls" not being solicited does not mean they are staged - and this is completely within the law.

Honored Contributor

If you don't like the dryer don't buyer but please do not belittle others who have purchased it

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

@hopi wrote:

@Tinkrbl44

Hair junkie here and  it scares me when I consider it, if you knew how many hair tools that are in my possession.

The models that are being styled look pretty awful but when thinking of it Chaz really never blow drys from wet on air. Everyone's hair is almost done when being shown on Q for any line.  If Chaz recommended maybe I would give it a go.  I already have dry hair that takes forever to dry.

Just bought a $500 Dyson canister vacumn on sale for $250 and love it but were talking oranges and apples.

I love my Dyson vacuums.  They are superior to any vacuum out there, especially the upright.  Only thing I don't like is it's very heavy and hard on my back.

Hyacith

Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 I'd be willing to bet that a haircut is not an option, although people with short hair use dryers too.

I have a not-so-well-made car that is going strong after 14 years.

@Kachina624

Of course it's an option.   Personal grooming and maintenance are often modified according to one's needs.  If a woman's hair is so darn unwieldly that it takes forever to dry and style, change it.  No one is holding a gun to her head, forcing her to keep it too long.  JMO. 

And that's a personal decision that person is making, just like it's a personal decision for you to buy or not buy this dryer.  No one is holding a gun to your head to buy it so what difference does it make to you?

Of course not!   My opinion was based on comments here (and on other threads) where women said it takes "forever" to dry their hair, making it sound like such a horrible chore.   Well, if doing so takes up excessive amounts of time and causes them to complain that much, why not just change their hair style to something easier to manage?   Personally, to me, that's just common sense.   Why suffer when you don't need to?  JMO

Perhaps because we like our thick hair . Perhaps because it looks dam good. Perhaps because we are interested in how new technologies could save us some time. 

I can't believe I really needed to explain this. Oh well...

That's why those of us with long thick hair love this hairdryer. 

Valued Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@Knit-Chick wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

That's a good idea Kathleen.

I can also save up my ULTA rewards points to use. 

Once in awhile I get a 20% coupon that works with prestige cosmetics. Too bad it doesn't work for the Dyson.

If you shop at Sephora they will soon have their November sale, 15% or 20% off. It covers everything including the Dyson