Respected Contributor

I’ve started “Shopping My Stash”

I’ve watched a couple of these kind of videos and I decided a couple weeks ago that on Sunday I’m going through my makeup and I’m pulling out an eyeshadow palette, a blush, a bronzer and a highlighter and using them all week for work and then whatever comes up on the weekend. I love this idea as it makes me pull out some items that need used, and/or I’ve forgotten about. Has anyone tried this? 

Respected Contributor

Re: I’ve started “Shopping My Stash”

We’re gutting our master bath. I made a small makeup bag with minimal makeup and put the rest in a rubbermaid tote in storage. It’s been 3 weeks using the same blush, mascara etc. I’m such a minimalist! I could move into a tiny house! Not!

Regular Contributor

@wvumountiefan- yes I have been trying it.  Anything that I do not like that week will go in the trash.  I put little stickie flags on them, so I know that I have used that one.

Honored Contributor

@scatcat...I’d lose my ever loving mind within 2 minutes of moving into a tiny house! I’m with you on that sister!!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

Yes I think it's a great idea to make sure you are using what you have.

Respected Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@scatcat...I’d lose my ever loving mind within 2 minutes of moving into a tiny house! I’m with you on that sister!!

Yup. I need a “tiny house” just for my shoes and clothes 

Honored Contributor

I'm currently using up products and will not purchase more until they are gone.  I want to limit face products.

Respected Contributor

@wvumountiefan  Yes, I've seen those kind of videos on YouTube.  It's a great idea!

Esteemed Contributor

I will never get through even one eyeshadow palette at the rate I am applying it.  I really should go through my stash and toss a few oldies.  

Respected Contributor

Although I really do not use that much at one time, I seem to have amassed a HUGE amount of cosmetics over the years.  I am using what I have and/or pitching, sharing with my sisters etc just to get the stuff used up before it goes bad.  I had a moisterizer that got so old, it turned brown and watery.  It was gross!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it