Honored Contributor

Re: “2018”~60’s Ladies and Everyone, please join us!

hello all

not much tonight.

dd and her friends stopped by (one of the friends had a pick up truck. they picked up all the totes we used for the moving around the "junk". one thing less in shed. we can now get in, not saying easy to move around in shed. have 2 huge remants from rug in shed. DD said she wanted to use one of the large pieces for something around the house.maybe the basement. just get it out of my shed.

not much else guys. see all tomorrow.

Honored Contributor

@viva923 Hang onto the remnants, the Lowe’s people may use it to replace the problem area on your rug. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

hello all

Jazz, at the rate my DD  moves, it will 10 yrs down road by time she picks up the rug if she even does. LOL, she moves slowly.

so busy today. we have been still working on house down to the nit picky stuff the stuff that needs to be done , the stuff that got broken or just let go till now. got so much replaced and repaired today.

very hot-humid today. tomorrow under heat warning.

well guys am tired going to really fall asleep.

taking new medication side effects is tiredness among other things

ok guys later.

Honored Contributor

hello all

not much tonight.

my dd cookout was fun, enjoyed festivities.

very warm and humid tonight.

ok guys see all in the morn

Respected Contributor

Good Morning!--We had a very low key weekend, took early morning walks because it's so hot and then went to the pool to swim laps.  We did go out to the house yesterday and they started to install the siding, it's Hardi Plank and then it will be painted a grayish-blue with blue accents and white trim.  We did go to Best Buy and bought a refrigerator, in NC refrigerators are considered personal property so we have to buy our own.  I wanted a French door style, I had that in my other house and I really liked it but we got a counter depth one this time, it was on sale, some of the new French door refrigerators are really expensive but I looked at the ones on sale.  The one we got for our other house stuck out about 6 inches but it was really big and I thought if we sold the house a family would buy it and like the bigger size.  We don't need one that big, so we did decide on the counter depth.  It's going to be hot again today, but as DH said, it's summer, what do you expect!!!

Honored Contributor

@SleeplessinSD

DH sinus infection: I think it is getting better but it is very stubborn this time. Prednisone and antibiotics are working, but slowly.

The doctor said (last Thursday) that his kidney values are normal for his age. What a relief that is! Wondering if the sinus condition caused his thinking to be a little “off.”

Getting ready for my C next month. They want paperwork updated, etc.

waving hi to @Hayfield@viva923@JustJazzmom@snardy@MariotaMurielle

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

hello all,

hay, those kitchen appliances can be a chore to pick out. which is better size for my family now, color, brand. by time you are finished, just go to the creek and keep things cold that way LOL

put house back together in back part of house. of course lots of false starts but we prevailed. dh went grocery shop.

not much else guys, will check in later.

Honored Contributor

Good Evening Everyone!

Stopping by a little early. We had a late lunch, so neither one of us is hungry for dinner. We’ll have leftover dessert from yesterday, strawberry shortcake, a little later. We stayed in most of the day. I did a couple loads of laundry. DH is still recuperating but doing better every day. 

@viva923, sounds like you’ve got most things back in order in your house. I hope you can now catch up on much needed rest. I’ve been wanting to let you know how nice it is having you part of our group. Thank you, too, for taking time to check in often. It’s always good hearing from you!😊

@LTT1, I’m glad DH is feeling better from his sinus infection and his meds, although slow, are helping! Good luck getting everything ready and in order for your “C” next month!😉

@Hayfield, our weekend was pretty low key too. We had a fun time with DS and family and spent most of the afternoon relaxing in our backyard. They spent the morning with her Dad/family. Wow! The siding going up already on your new house! Your paint colors sound really nice! I think you’ll be happy with your new counter depth refrigerator. Our new one does stick out a bit. Good for you and DH getting all those pool laps in!

Waving Hi to Snardy, Katte, JustJazzMom, Mochahoney, Catwhisperer, RetRN and all our friends. Wishing everyone a relaxing and peaceful rest of the evening!😊❤️

~H~
Honored Contributor

hello all

just a quick check in, been watching dumb movies tonight. Scripts written by 1st graders.

only been doing 1 walk a day. Way to hot and humid to do 2.

ok guys see all in the morn

Respected Contributor

Good Morning!--We got up early and took our walk at 7:30 am and by the time we were done at 8:30 am it was really starting to get hot.  We'll go to the pool in a little bit and I'll do some laps, I'm trying to get better at that!  It's way harder than I thought it was.  This afternoon, after lunch, I'll clean the apartment and do some laundry.  DD comes tomorrow afternoon, I'm so excited!  I hope that everyone is having a good day and stay cool!

SISD--Yes, I think the colors I picked will look nice.  My last house was a traditional 2 story Williamsburg colonial, it had a brick front and vinyl siding on three sides.  I loved it but since this house is totally different in style I thought I'd pick totally different colors.  There's no brick.  I would've loved some simple stone work on the front, I love the craftsman style home but the style in the neighborhood is West Indies Inspired, so there's no brick or stone.  I really like it though!  The siding they're using is called Hardi Plank, I've heard of it but don't know how it holds up compared to vinyl siding.  The down side is that it will need to be painted in 10-15 years.  It sounds like your DH is progressing nicely.