Honored Contributor

Re: “2018”~60’s Ladies and Everyone, please join us!

92A3FBB9-0DCE-4BA2-9065-7F68BFE382CC.jpeg

@hellokitty

Happy Birthday to Mr hellokitty2!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@LTT1, so glad you made it back home before the rain, and also DD made it home safe. I hope you’re able to post pics for us to see. How are you feeling? Is La Lexie excited about her birthday? I think this will be her 4th, right? 

@hellokitty, Happy Birthday to your DH! Gosh, the weather sure changed out there in just a day. Your dinner sounds so good. I’ve never had Amish anything, but you’re right, you can’t go wrong with chocolate frosting! Do you know how to post pictures? I’d love to see those PJ’s when you’re finished!

@katte, I hope you’re feeling better. Our son is, but I talked to him on the phone today, and I can hear he’s still congested. I’m liking not having to think about going in to volunteer right now too. They brought in some new people, so they’re not short handed. Our weather right now has been really nice. It cools off at night, but not as cool as where you are. Take care, Katte. Let us know how you’re doing...

We didn’t do too much today. DH’s knee is bothering him. He had meniscus surgery on the other one a couple years ago, and we’re hoping this isn’t the start of that again. I hope everyone had a good day! Waving Hi to RetRN. Mochahoney, Catwhisperer, JustJazzMom, Hayfield, Snardy and Everyone! 

Good Night!😊❤️

~H~
Valued Contributor

Good evening everyone,

Today, I met a friend for lunch. Since I am trying to lose some weight, I have been eating lots of salads. I am SICK of salads!!! 😝 Do you ever get tired of certain foods? When I came home, DH and I played a couple of games of scrabble. We do that everyday. We really enjoy it. Tomorrow, DG (13 yrs old), is auditioning for a theatrical academy. She is doing a dance that she choreographed. She is so sweet. I got my hair cut today. Only one more cut and my blond will be gone and my hair will be all gray! Yikes!

Loves, has the weather calmed down any? I hope so!

Katte, good hearing from you! You are doing just what you should be doing, taking care of you! Are you reading any good books? I have so many books and periodicals to read, it’s not funny. I don’t know where my time goes everyday. Take good care. I always look forward to hearing from you. 

SleeplessinSD, hi friend, how are you? Have you gone back to the hospital yet? The pain in my hands and feet is from arthritis. I have so many cute pairs of shoes but I have to wear my Clark’s flats. They are the most comfortable shoes I own, but they’re not especially stylish. How have you been feeling? I hope your DS is well now. I hear on the news that the flu is rampant across the country. Take care, friend. 💜

Hi Hayfield, how is the weather there?  How are you coming with purging your office? I bet you are excited to go and pick out the finishes and cabinets for your new house! I would love that. Keep in touch!

Hi to Catwhisperer, Mochahoney, JJM, RetRN, and our other friends. Blessings to you all! ❤️

~ Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace.~ French Proverb
Valued Contributor

Hellokitty2, Happy Birthday 🎈🎂 to your DH!  Hope your crazy weather clears up! 

SleeplessinSD, we were posting at the same time. Funny how we both happened to mention your volunteering in our posts. Great minds...

~ Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace.~ French Proverb
Respected Contributor

Good Morning!--Well, it got really warm here the past couple of days, DH was able to wash both cars and get all the salt and grime off and I cleaned the insides.  It's going to get cold again.  The painters started in the basement and were working on the living room and dining room yesterday.  They removed the dining room wallpaper, DH put that wallpaper up when we moved in 30 years ago, I loved it!  This is very bittersweet, to say the least.  We go down to NC in a couple of weeks to pick out the stuff for the new house.  DH hasn't been feeling well, especially at night, he keeps waking me up with his coughing.  We're going to have to move into our other bedrooms when they begin to paint our room and I think I'll make up both beds and sleep in the other room, I need to get some sleep!

Respected Contributor

Snardy--The purging is going well, but it seems to never end!  I get tired of eating the same thing too.  Good luck to your DGD on her audition!  

Katte--Taking care of yourself is important and I was sorry to hear you were feeling "under the weather".  

SISD--The reports of the mudslides in California are just awful!  The loss of life and homes and the firefighters looking for survivors and/or victims, so sad.  I hope your DS gets to feeling better soon but it seems to take a long time to get over anything!  DH seems to be OK during the day but at night, oh my, the coughing!  I told him to stack his pillows to raise his head, drains the fluids better and you don't cough as much but it doesn't seem to help him, it helps me.  I need to get some sleep, so I think I'm going to make up a bed in one of the other rooms.  If you're not ready to get back to volunteering, that's OK, that's why they call it volunteering!! It good that they have plenty of people to fill in though but I'm sure they miss you too!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Hayfield, I find myself in our guest room many nights. DH snores, and I’m a light sleeper. Once awake, it’s so hard for me to get back to sleep. I understand you’re needing to use another room while your DH is sick. I’m a mess without a good night’s sleep! I hope he’s feeling better today. Unfortunately, coughs can last a long time. Sounds like you’re really moving along to get your house ready to list. I’m sure the special touches you and your DH did over the years would be bittersweet to see go. They showed pictures on the news of the lives lost/missing with the flooding north of us. It is so very sad...😢

@snardy, How fun you and DH play Scrabble every day. And, it’s a good thing to do to keep your brain active. I wish I could post a picture of my sister’s hair. She’s totally grey now,  actually more white. and loves it. She has a really cute short haircut and uses good hair products to keep it looking healthy. I like it too! I’m sure yours looks great! Good luck to your DGD. She sounds so talented, and I know you’re very proud. Ha! I laughed when you said “great minds”...we do think a lot alike! I hope you had a good/pain free day. DH and I have stayed well, so far. DS is doing better, except for a cough. Take care, Snardy💕

DH and I had breakfast out this morning and then ran some errands. When we got back, I had a coupon for Pier 1, so thought I’d go see what I could find. I’ve been eyeing this glass bowl that sits in wrought iron for our coffee table. I didn’t want to pay full price, but it was on sale and with my coupon, I got it for a little more than half off! Yay! It looks really pretty on my table. Waving Hi to Everyone. I hope you all had a happy, safe and healthy day!😊❤️

~H~
Respected Contributor

Good Morning!--It got cold again and will be cold for the next week or so, but the sun is out!  The painters got the dining room and living room totally done and the foyer is 3/4 done.  It looks so different.  It was nice to see that Mochahoney checked in.  We're heading out to a winery with friends today for lunch.  They have this wonderful lasagna lunch in the winter months, yum!  Wine too of course!  I'll really miss going to the vineyards on a more regular basis when we move.  There aren't as many wineries near us where we're moving.

SISD--Yes, I slept much better last night, I didn't wake up like a zombie!  DH sleeps like a rock but I don't anymore, I miss those days where, once my head touched the pillow I was out like a light and didn't wake until morning.  Those nights are far a few these days.  Oh, my other friend who has a 2nd house in NC, her house is located on the other side of the state, about 5 hours away.  I just sent an e-mail to a friend who lives only about 45 minutes from where we're moving, we're going to meet for dinner while we're done there.  Kent Homes built her home 7-8 years ago and I want to get some tips from her.  

Snardy--Let us know how DGD's audition went!  It might be some time before she hears though, but don't forget to tell us!  

Honored Contributor

5A3FEEE4-575F-4B19-825C-7DADD03A9D1C.jpeg56E705AB-2A73-4C1B-B9E8-E8E8CB40F1DE.jpeg

1) Barbie Day Yesterday!

2) Snow plow truck and 4” snow bank out front

@Hayfield

Have fun doing more house planning! My screen time is limited so I will read and be back as I can!

Honored Contributor

@Hayfield
I was desperate to avoid the coughing this time and paid the price for doTerra

‘’On Guard” cough drops. They really work for me, better than the codeine stuff! (I started these drops after the main illness and during the hang-on coughing. Now I use them every day. The grocery store drops upset my tummy, so these seem to be best for me now.