Honored Contributor

Re: 13 dot foundation technique

I've never seen him, but I've heard of him in posts here. I don't watch any beauty influencers. I probably should! Can you watch them on YouTube, or do you have to have a social media account? I have seen two or three makeup artists demonstrate on their websites. 

Anyway, that seems like a lot of foundation to me. I do use my own "dot" technique before I blend, but mine is more of a 5-dot technique.  Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

@beach-mom yes, you can watch Wayne on YouTube.

Respected Contributor

@NYCTem77 wrote:

@SportyShorty07 

@SportyShorty07 wrote:

@NYCTem77 wrote:

@SportyShorty07 wrote:

I like Wayne Goss a lot- he's a super talented makeup artist and he gives great Youtube makeup tutorial tips. I am going to try his 13 dot method today Smiley Happy

@SportyShorty07 I totally agree with you about Wayne Gross!  He has and continue to be very inspiring to me!  And I mean VERY!

@NYCTem77  Wayne Goss is so great- a handsome, funny, kind, intelligent and skilled makeup artist who is all about carefully breaking down techniques so that they're easy to follow and provide professional, beautiful results.  He is such a gifted artist and I like that he doesn't use camera filters and he puts the makeup on his great face in clear and bright lighting. He is so spot on in describing the feel and look of products and how they react to the skin and different lighting conditions. Plus, he's open about having oily/combo skin and since I have oily/combo skin, I can rely on his tips for makeup application and products. He's the best! Smiley Happy

My sentiments exactly.  Well said.  Well said!

@NYCTem77  Thank you! Its great that you're a Wayne Goss fan Smiley Happy!.  I enjoy reading your posts and I like that you have a  passion for skincare- you really know your stuff!  Smiley HappyHeart

Contributor

@SportyShorty07 wrote:

@NYCTem77 wrote:

@SportyShorty07 

@SportyShorty07 wrote:

@NYCTem77 wrote:

@SportyShorty07 wrote:

I like Wayne Goss a lot- he's a super talented makeup artist and he gives great Youtube makeup tutorial tips. I am going to try his 13 dot method today Smiley Happy

@SportyShorty07 I totally agree with you about Wayne Gross!  He has and continue to be very inspiring to me!  And I mean VERY!

@NYCTem77  Wayne Goss is so great- a handsome, funny, kind, intelligent and skilled makeup artist who is all about carefully breaking down techniques so that they're easy to follow and provide professional, beautiful results.  He is such a gifted artist and I like that he doesn't use camera filters and he puts the makeup on his great face in clear and bright lighting. He is so spot on in describing the feel and look of products and how they react to the skin and different lighting conditions. Plus, he's open about having oily/combo skin and since I have oily/combo skin, I can rely on his tips for makeup application and products. He's the best! Smiley Happy

My sentiments exactly.  Well said.  Well said!

@NYCTem77  Thank you! Its great that you're a Wayne Goss fan Smiley Happy!.  I enjoy reading your posts and I like that you have a  passion for skincare- you really know your stuff!  Smiley HappyHeart

@SportyShorty07 Oh thank you hon!!!!  Thats so very nice of you to say!  Going back about over a decade ago, I was blogging (yeah NOT vlogging I'm 46!) and this forum helped me develop quite a following!  Pretty much every brand here at the Q would send me something to blog about and discuss here to promote.  At the time, Bareminerals was the brand that got all the air time and they sent me the super duper sized mineral veil and the first cleanser they debuted.  I would blog about it and then post about it here ib the forums.  There were several types of mineral veil at the time.  It was sooooo much fun! 

Philosophy sent me boxes of the cards that had plastic bubbles filled with all the Grace scents!  There were only 3 at the time.  I was asked to promote both Amazing Grace and Pure Grace as unisex fragrances.

Mally sent me eyeliners and asked me to show everyone how waterproof they are.  Dr. Denese sent me Hydroshield tinted moisturizers and a HA moisturizer Moisture Surge I believe it was called.  I met her in her office at the time in was in NYC and she asked me my opinions make-up products she was formulating.  

Peter Thomas Roth sent me a dragon's blood product that had to be rebranded b-cuz it failed horribly at the original price.  L'aOccitane pretty much sent me EVERYTHING they had.

Sadly life got in the was and I left the beauty biz.  Through incessant encouraging from my husband I'm slowly back in the business, but the landscape has changed so I'm more on product development side of things.  I was hoping some of the posters that I new would still be here but haven't chatted w/any.  We all even did a meet-up twic a year for a couple of years!

I used to be Tem77 but QVC lost my account! All my A/D orders have been re-instated phew!
Respected Contributor

@NYCTem77  Wow! You are so awesome! That's amazing that you have created such a following and a successful beauty blogger career with your expertise, personality, intelligence and beauty knowledge Smiley Very HappyHeart.  You met the big brands in beauty and their creators came to you for product promotion and product development advice- that is so cool! I love that your husband is encouraging you to get back into the beauty industry and encouraging you to continue to pursue your passions! I bet you're very supportive of his dreams and goals too- a great dynamic duo and couple Smiley Happy

Product development is critical for brand growth and brands flourish with your input and guidance on how they can develop their products.  You're making a difference and I say keep doing what you love.  I bet you have such a great collection of beauty products. The meet and greets must've been an absolute blast for you and all of your fans! You're a rockstar, NYCTem77! Smiley Very HappyHeart  

Valued Contributor

@SportyShorty07 - Just a quick compliment to you… I really enjoy reading your posts. You have a very eloquent way of writing. My sister writes like that as well, and I am the complete opposite! I have a hard time expressing myself. It’s kind of the same when I speak. I’ll have a lot of thoughts in my head, but I’m not that great at verbalizing them.
Respected Contributor

@Natureluvr  Thank you so much for your compliment!  That was so sweet of you to say and really made me smile Smiley Very HappyHeart. I have an easy time expressing myself when speaking to people, but it can be harder for me to step back and put my thoughts into writing.  When I write posts on here, I relax and think of a response as if I'm sitting next to the poster and having a fun conversation together- and then I write what I'd say to them.  I really enjoy reading your posts too and I think that you are very smart, insightful and fun! Smiley Happy.  

Esteemed Contributor

I have watched a few of his videos, but it takes to long to get to the point.  Any man wearing foundation is a turn off for me.  ( Dimitri James for example).

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@barrel racer wrote:

I have watched a few of his videos, but it takes to long to get to the point.  Any man wearing foundation is a turn off for me.  ( Dimitri James for example).

@barrel racer  - Wayne's videos are so short - mostly under 10 minutes so not sure what you mean by "takes to long to get to the point."  Also, if he doesn't try it on, how else do you expect him to show the product?  Lots of men are in the beauty business.  

Contributor

@barrel racer wrote:

@barrel racer I have a lot of "turn-off" myself but I don't mention them here out of respect to my fellow human beings.  If I turn you off, then don't look at me.

I used to be Tem77 but QVC lost my account! All my A/D orders have been re-instated phew!