Trusted Contributor
Hi Snappy. You sumed it up beautifully. This new format makes me feel disjointed and isolated . It no longer feels inviting, as you said. I wonder if POSSUMMINK is right, if the Q wants to eliminate the forum. I don't like the fact that they eliminated all of our posts, as GOLDENS said. Oh well.... thank God we did find each other. That's what counts. Blessings to you as well
Trusted Contributor
I agree Possum that it's heartless that the Q threw away all of our previous posts. I certainly don't feel like purchasing anything from them !
Respected Contributor

Dear Fran, I don't know what the Q's goals are. It's hard to think they want to eliminate discussions and don't care about our feelings, but this is not an improvement IMO. When I had my hearing tested recently, they put me in a small room that was "dead". I could see out, and hear through headphones. It felt sterile and unnatural and that's how this feels to me. Like nobody else is here. But I'm happy that you ARE here. We will get through this together. I'm glad it didn't happen when my hubby first went Home. I wouldn't have had what it takes to fiddle around here. So maybe we are stronger than we think. Take care, dear Fran.

snappy

Spoiler

Trusted Contributor
Hi Snappy. I'm also glad that the forum wasn't like this when I lost my Stuart. Very well said, this is a sterile environment . Yes , we are stronger than we think. If we can survive this we can survive anything . LOL I tried posting on SHOWME'S thread and it kept bouncing me off and froze up on me. GRRRR Have a blessed evening my beloved Snappy.
Honored Contributor

I agree, it does feel cold, just not sure why, don't like it,like i said last night, many women poured their hearts out on here,and we understood, but all the old posts are gone.

@Babyfran wrote:
Hi Snappy. You sumed it up beautifully. This new format makes me feel disjointed and isolated . It no longer feels inviting, as you said. I wonder if POSSUMMINK is right, if the Q wants to eliminate the forum. I don't like the fact that they eliminated all of our posts, as GOLDENS said. Oh well.... thank God we did find each other. That's what counts. Blessings to you as well

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Super Contributor

Of all of the topics here, I cannot believe they would have removed (or whatever they did that we cannot see our previous posts).   This thread is very important to all of us, it is a very emotional time for anyone losing their spouse, and we were always here to listen and understand each other.   We are all in different stages of grief, but it has been so helpful knowing someone understands and cares.

Now we worry  -   Can MamaS and others find this thread?

My only thought right now, if things do not change in the next few days is for each of us to post a little bit about ourselves to refresh our memories.

Respected Contributor

Hi dear friends. On another thread, WaJa said that if we click on "view discussion in a pop up" it will allow us to read the other recent posts. It does. Am glad for everyone who is trying to help us find our way here. It's in the 90s. Went out to do some shopping and to the bank.

Fran, yes, a sterile enviornment is how this feels, but maybe we will get used to it. It will take more than this to separate us. How is Benzi? DD#1 and her hubby went out to the desert on Monday and took Amber with them. It's in the 100s out there.

goldens, we will hang in here together and support one another as we always have. I do worry about MamaS all the time, especially now. She's a smart person, so if she wants to find us, I think she will. Hope your doggies are doing well.

10 grands, whenever we get a new poster here, I try to tell her something about myself and how my hubby went Home. I'd be glad to do that if others need reminding about who we are and how we lost our hubbies and how we are doing. Hope the humidity isn't too bad where you are.

Take care of yourselves and keep looking UP.

snappy

Honored Contributor

Yeah,hanging in there,i just don't like change that i don't want, husband use to say ,you just don't go good with change,too much change in my life,and this world.Smiley Surprised

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

kitten on a dog's head

Honored Contributor

Ruby-throated Hummingbird