Respected Contributor

Re: things we learned by staying home

I have learned that I love my house more than I thought. We like the outside too. In the country with much too do. I cleaned our stone wall. It took a while but I love results. We were going to sell it and get something smaller. Now we are having second thoughts.

Esteemed Contributor

DH and I are both retired, so staying home is not a new experience, but not to this extent. I don't take for granted the freedoms that we have in this country to do what we want and go anywhere we please, as well as the vast array of products available to us in stores that are open 24/7. I will be more thankful for living in the United States of America. I won't forget what we've gone through and I will be forever thankful when we get back what we have lost through this pandemic.

Honored Contributor

I've just reinforced pretty much stuff that I already knew.  I already was comfortable with myself and my ability to keep myself occupied and entertained at home!  I do miss though being able to go out to dinner, fun shopping, an occasional meeting with family and friends. I feel bad for people that have the constant need to be involved with constant outside activities and never knew the simple pleasure of just being home and enjoying time spent doing activities with the kids and spouse/partner.   

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Super Contributor

I've learned that staying home I do miss my parents who are in assisted living nearby and my in-laws who are 4 hours away.  I look forward to seeing them soon but speak with them daily and drop off little gifts and supplies to my parents weekly.  

I have learned to enjoy my time at home and to savor the time of slowing down by taking the time to really like making my meals at home and not being so rushed.  I love being with my teenagers even though they are not loving remote high school and college.  I think they are doing their best to accept the things they cannot change at the moment and adapt.  As my daughter said yesterday so many have it far worse than me.  

Valued Contributor

@newname0 wrote:

hings we learned by staying home!

• After years of wanting to thoroughly clean my house but lacking the time, this week I discovered that wasn’t the reason.

• If you thought toilet paper was crazy .. just wait until 30 million people all want a haircut appointment.

• 2020 is a unique Leap Year. It has 29 days in February, 300 days in March and 5 years in April.

• Wearing a mask inside your home is now highly recommended. Not so much to prevent COVID-19 but to stop eating.

• If you keep a glass of wine in each hand, you can’t accidentally touch your face.

• This cleaning with alcohol is total nonsense. NOTHING gets done after that first bottle.

• Kinda starting to understand why pets try to run out of the house when the door opens.

• My mom always told me I wouldn’t accomplish anything by laying in the bed all day, but look at me now! I’m saving the world.

• Until further notice the days of the week are now called thisday, thatday, otherday, someday, yesterday, today and next-day!

LOVE this!!!!!! Heart

Esteemed Contributor

How much money i,m saving, by learning to do it myself and what I didn,t really need.