Honored Contributor

Re: things we learned by staying home

I've learned the true meaning of being grateful and not taking anything for granted. I am thankful to be healthy thus far and will continue to follow the quidelines.

I've also learned how selfish some people are and how they only care about themselves. Whining and saying life is miserable doesn't help anyone.

Contributor

@newname0

thanks for the good 'ol chuckle!  this is so true, funny and very clever!

Respected Contributor

Those items I was saving to read, recipes to try, cosmetic samples to use up, etc are not getting the attention I had hoped..... And I do have the time.  More reasons to pitch.

Trusted Contributor

I learned that I hate teleworking.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Honored Contributor

I've learned to appreciate my community of thoughtful people. I've learned to be more sympathetic toward cashiers and store employees who have to spend hours in masks; I can't wait to remove mine and breath fresh air when I get to my car.

During these weeks, I've experienced no one being rude or impatient and have encountered cheerful friendly people, especially in the pet store.

Esteemed Contributor

I learned how much I miss being around family..

Respected Contributor

Lily of the, I love your list! I am sending it to others.

Honored Contributor

@newname0 

Thank you!!!  So much truth to this!  LOL 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

20200506_120737.jpg

This and..."I really do have time to thoroughly clean my house,"  if I really wanted to! Lol!🤣 😷✌

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Honored Contributor

@Starpolisher   Lol or not, I'm not rehiring our cleaning service. I've already informed them. I can and have been cleaning my house myself and doing a better job. I've found places that were never touched. 

I've learned I can entertain myself, but just for so long. Days into weeks and months is not great for me.

I've realized people can be uncaring and selfish. Some can smile at me while grabbing up the last two packages of 12 roll packs of paper towels or toilet paper. 

I need social contact...hugs from my kids, grandchildren and friends and hand shakes from store keepers I know and see all the time.