Trusted Contributor

@qvcaddition Glad your baby's okay now; it's so important to have a good vet! Oh it was such a pretty day today.

I'm not using the stroller now because I had to leave home and move temporarily into my mom's house and I didn't have room to bring it. TBH I'm not sure Liza really cared about it but OTOH, there's a garden cart here I could use to tote her. I took her outside while ago, but she fussed to come back inside.

I have to find somebody to mow the yard here.

I've got to think of something to get at the store to cook (just for myself), but nothing sounds good to me. It seems like I'm just sick of food. I'm not sick or anything, though....thank God.

I actually saw a SNAKE in the back yard today - shiver - the neighbor had really high grass and they finally mowed it so I guess the snake just eased on over here.....gives me the creeps!

I hope your day is wonderful! xo

Boop

Esteemed Contributor

Re: @qvcaddition

[ Edited ]

@BoopOMatic 

So sorry you had to move.  I hope you enjoy your stay with your mom.

The snake would  also scare me .

Melanie is better and eating again. I love this vets office. The receptionist at the front desk are great.  They call you back and when you need to talk with Doc. They get her. They called ftttt or two days to see how she was doing.

Because Silver Paws covers certain vets for low income seniors, I didn't have to pay for lab work.

The Dr. said her kidneys are fine, where the vet I didn't get along with said, her kidneys were failing and tried to sell me so much stuff that I declined.

Her liver is up, but it has been going up for a few years and she is on meds for that.

As far as cooking for one, I get a big chicken when on sale and roast it with lemons and rosemary and wine and it last for a few meals.

I keep a case of soup from costco on hand when I don't feel like cooking.

I will have steak broiled twice a month. I shop for the whole month.

Alternate months, I get a big salmon cut up and have that for about 4 days.

I will go vegatarian for a few days.  Also, eggs with toast and potatoes.

I am use to cooking for myself, but make enough to freeze or last a few days. 

A few times a month, my one son who turned 63 yesterday, will cook me Mexican food, enough for a few days, or his famous split pea soup or lasagne.  

Yesterday was his birthday and he had Dental work done, so I am taking him to lunch tomorrow.  

I use to have to mow the lawn, but when I got in my 70's, I rocked the whole front yard.

Well, I hope things get better for you.  Is your mom sick for you to have to move to her house or just settling affairs?

Thank care.  Give Liza a big hug from me and Melanie and to you also. xo