Honored Contributor

Re: mending fences

[ Edited ]

Good fences make good neighbors,but the other one also has to WANT to mend.

Honored Contributor

It depends on who the person is and what the disagreement was about.  

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden   I have two friends (they are sisters and I am close with both). 

One often remarks how happy she is they all get along and how importating it is to let things go.....which is very nice for them but if does ruffel my feathers.

She knows exactly why I don't speak with my sisters and was at one time a friend to my sister...she loves to tell stories (not fun, happy stories)  about her and remembers from high school days what transpired between them...I think she enjoys poking the bear (me).

One day she was telling a  story about my sister  for the hundredth time and I was fed up...and just said, we have heard this before...so far she has not mentioned it again.

Respected Contributor

I think my situation with my sisters is beyond repair....needs a miracle (yes, it exists).  After my parents died, I found out all of the manipulation of my mother including will, POW, executor had all changed which excluded another sibling.  I challenged it and received a "journal" of all the wrong doings we (remaining siblings) had done.  Talk about being delusional and set in their ways, I realized that our relationship was over.  It takes two in my opinion to mend bridges.  In hindsight they have always been right my whole life why should that change with death?

Esteemed Contributor

@Hoovermom  thank you for the reminder that yes, miracles exist.

Respected Contributor

Yes.