Esteemed Contributor

She put up a fence and wouldn't fix it. I told her I would put up a larger privacy fence and she told me to go ahead, 

I did. Mine is taller and blocks her gate opening. 
   She wouldn't remove her dead tree and it fell on my mailbox. Her sons were rude. 
   I no longer take her mail in, feed pets, answer alarms, and am not taken advantage of. 
    We were friends. 

🏘️🏡🏗️🌳📬 🙅🏻‍♀️

Super Contributor

Jerryjo

roses in the snow.jfif

Honored Contributor
Mend the fence within yourself. Only you can decide to live in peace. No matter the issue no one person is all wrong all the time. It does not matter who puts up the fence. All contribute to it's existence whether you see it or not.

Mend yourself and go on in peace.
"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@bigLou wrote:

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@bigLou Since you posted the question I think you should give us YOUR answer. So, go ahead.

Okay.  The fence that needed mending was with my sister who ran away to get married at 23 years of age.  She returned again at 30 years thinking she was going to divorce him but then changed her mind and left again and I never saw her again until I was informed years later that she had passed away.  I buried her, so all I could do now is put a flower on her grave.  End of story.

@bigLou That is a sad situation.  I'm sorry for your loss.....

Esteemed Contributor

@1Snickers wrote:

She put up a fence and wouldn't fix it. I told her I would put up a larger privacy fence and she told me to go ahead, 

I did. Mine is taller and blocks her gate opening. 
   She wouldn't remove her dead tree and it fell on my mailbox. Her sons were rude. 
   I no longer take her mail in, feed pets, answer alarms, and am not taken advantage of. 
    We were friends. 

🏘️🏡🏗️🌳📬 🙅🏻‍♀️

@1Snickers  this made me laugh. I really like it. I hope it's very peaceful where you live.

Super Contributor

NO!  When its over, its over.

Honored Contributor

I have let go of one very close friendship in my lifetime.  No fight, no argument, just the realization we aren't 5 years old anymore and live extremely different lives.  There's no fence to mend with that situation.  

For my immediate family, I will do whatever it takes to keep the peace!  

Trusted Contributor

I have one sibling, a sister, who is 7 yrs younger. We were close growing up but her issues have negatively impacted my life for years. In spite of that, I tried helping her emotionally and financially after our parents passed. After 10 years of drama I finally had to step back and have not seen her in a year. Even though she is being taken care of (conservatorship) I am guilt ridden and would love to have some semblance of a relationship. 

Honored Contributor

I have tried to do this with a few people in the past and lately, and it hasn't worked out.  No matter your good intentions and how much you desire it, if the other person is not open and doesn't want it or care about it, it can't happen.  I know I've done my best.  If any of these people ever approach me and want to do so in the future, I will be receptive to it.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

I had a disagreement with a friend a few years back, she totally disrespected and lied to me. I cut ties with her (she doesn't live in my town), but it still was so heavy on my mind. I feel that she and I were really so much alike that we could've been sisters. I finally reached out and apologized for ignoring our friendship, even though she should've been the one to apologize. She fawned all over me, saying we needed to let bygones be bygones, now I hear from her maybe once a year. I will never be friends with her again but it feels good in my soul that I reached out to her and I will choose to remember the good times we had at one time, knowing we will never be close again.