Trusted Contributor

Re: do you agree ... give example

@chrystaltree wrote:

I don't get it.  Sounds like mumbo jumbo to me.

@chrystaltree  Mumbo jumbo?  That is very sad and I truly feel sorry for you.

Trusted Contributor

@newname0 

Beautiful.  That has always been one of my favorite quotes.  Love it.

Honored Contributor

Very true!  Those that don't breathe won't know.

Trusted Contributor

I don't agree. Realistically how many things in your life have taken your breath away? Plus those are often random events. I actaully think it could be a diservice to people to think that you need a lot of times like that to measure a good life.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

No...everyday life is what matters to me & the things that take my breath away are few & far between 

Honored Contributor

And I am sad for those that have not had their breathe taken away by things.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Honored Contributor

I have lived a nice life, no real complaints but nothing great  has happened that took my breath away (in a good way).....

Honored Contributor

I don't think that statement is appropriate in all situations, again if you read it and pertains to you, you will agree. 

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

Takes my breath away...I reserve that for earth's beauty...animals, trees, oceans, lakes, rivers, creeks, mountains, hills and valleys, the blue sky, and other natural wonders throughout the world.  

This yes.

But people too. 

Sometimes we see someone do something or say something that makes me believe again in the wonder of the human spirit and heart. Done on impulse, done when they think no one is watching, done without a thought as to themselves or the notice of it. 

In this cynical world, in times being what they are, that people can be so caring and so giving in the blink of an eye, toward a stranger takes my breath away.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I neither agree nor disagree.

The very first time I ever saw this, I thought it to be profound.  Now, I don't see why we have to "measure" life at all.

Life is to be enjoyed.  It is not "measured" by anything.  We can enjoy simple contentment as well as spellbinding moments.

Life is everything - all together.

And it goes back to what I've said before and will say again:  It's not black and white, it's not either/or.  It's both/and.

Trying to make separations is called Cartesian.  It is the opposite of what quantum physics teaches.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.