Honored Contributor

Re: altering pants question

[ Edited ]

I take all my pants to my seamstress. She is reasonable and does a great job!

i never understand why the manufacturers make pants so wide in the leg. She tapers every pair I buy.

Personally, I would take to the tailor (most dry cleaners have them) then they are done correctly.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2DogsTY me,too. I'm optimistic.

Respected Contributor

I have one rule for alterations, which Mother taught me: always use a good tailor!

Trusted Contributor

The proper way to tailor a pair of droopy slacks is to remove the waistband, cinch up the pants, then re stitch the waistband.  This way you are shortening the rise. If you are not comfortable doing this, a seamstress is your best bet.

dee

Honored Contributor

@libbyannE wrote:

I have one rule for alterations, which Mother taught me: always use a good tailor!

@libbyannE me too!  I am reading these posts and am in awe of the talent so many have to alter clothes.  I so wish I could.

Honored Contributor

If you don't how to do it and you like the pants, wouldn't it just be easier to take them to the cleaners have them make the alteration?  

Honored Contributor

@Mom2DogsJust a follow-up regarding my dr visit -he was pleased and still believes the extra risk of stroke given my vascular condition is equal to the risk of stroke with surgery.  He and I agreed easily to no surgery!  I'm pleased to say the least.

Also, I'm hoping just knowing if I slip badly off my new eating and walking routine, I'm risking surgery at least and worse, a stroke.  I actually believe I'm better off having the risk over my head.  Maybe weird, but I think I'll stick to my routine more carefully.

Time to talk to the tailor about my pants because he also agreed I'd lost enough weight.  First time in many years I've had that message from any doctor!

Respected Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

@libbyannE me too!  I am reading these posts and am in awe of the talent so many have to alter clothes.  I so wish I could.

@Mj12

Hi! I never learned to sew and never wanted to learn.  I think it's great if somebody wants to do it, but it wouldn't appeal to me at all. We all have different things we like to do. 

Honored Contributor

@libbyannE wrote:

@Mj12 wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

@Mj12

Hi! I never learned to sew and never wanted to learn.  I think it's great if somebody wants to do it, but it wouldn't appeal to me at all. We all have different things we like to do. 

Hi @libbyannE same with me.  I'm just thinking of all the $$$ I'd be able to save in tailoring lol.