Honored Contributor

Find out what your mechanic says before you panic.  It might not be anything big.

Respected Contributor

well I just picked up car from the dealership.they couldn't find a thing wrong with it.air working and cold as ice.big mystery to me.i was very surprised,they did not charge me,even tho I was told it would be 150 for diagnostic  charge.you know,I almost wished they would of found something.sounds crazy?

Trusted Contributor

Re: airconditioner

[ Edited ]

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

well I just picked up car from the dealership.they couldn't find a thing wrong with it.air working and cold as ice.big mystery to me.i was very surprised,they did not charge me,even tho I was told it would be 150 for diagnostic  charge.you know,I almost wished they would of found something.sounds crazy?

@Luvsmyfam ... That's great news they didn't find anything wrong with your car AC! Why would you almost wish they would have found something...especially since they didn't charge you the $150.00 for the diagnostic charge?!?! Yes! It does sound crazy! Why aren't you thrilled...especially after so many posters gave you advice and wished you luck getting it fixed for a low price?

Respected Contributor

I will explain.something had to go wrong for ac blower not to run.call it a fluke?I don't think so.yes,I was very grateful I was not charged,but on the other hand,makes me wonder if they didn't do a thorough check on vehicle. I was the very last appt,appointment, makes me wonder if the mechanic was in a hurry to leave

Trusted Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

I will explain.something had to go wrong for ac blower not to run.call it a fluke?I don't think so.yes,I was very grateful I was not charged,but on the other hand,makes me wonder if they didn't do a thorough check on vehicle. I was the very last appt,appointment, makes me wonder if the mechanic was in a hurry to leave

@Luvsmyfam ... It's working now. If it happens again then question it. Just enjoy your AC during these hot days. 

Respected Contributor

yes,will enjoy ac while I have it.looks like another scorcher in my area again! I think this very hot and muggy weather make people irritable including myself.

Have a nice weekend qvc friends!

Esteemed Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

Chances are they did not do a full diagnostic since the AC was working.  There was nothing to look for.  However you mentioned that it was not blowing air.  That could be the blower motor (not part of the AC system).  I have had to replace that in just about every car I have had, don't know why.  Your systems are working (ac, heat etc) it is just not circulating the air.  You may also have trouble keeping your windows clear.  You can have intermittent issues with that before it goes.  It is a relatively inexpensive repair, couple hundred maybe.  

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Respected Contributor
Thankyou for this info crazy daisy
Respected Contributor

TBH, I wouldn't buy a Buick! Things do need repair though- You are driving an older car, I only drive foreign vehicles.