Honored Contributor

Mention of tea set reminded me I do have my small tea set also.  

Respected Contributor

I still have my baby doll dressed in a preemie outfit and my Madame Alexander ballerina. Even though we were poor, we had lots of toys growing up, partly because we had lots of aunts and uncles who gave us toys for Christmas and birthday gifts. 

Super Contributor

I do have several old toys.  I am 70 and have books from my Dad, his Flexible Flyer sled and monopoly game.  I have my grandmother's babydoll.  All I can remember of mine is my teddy bear and tea set, complete with table and chairs.

Esteemed Contributor

I just have the Bride doll that my Godmother/Aunt got me when I was a baby, missing shoes, veil & earring.  She's a barefoot bride!

Esteemed Contributor

I have Teddy, my bear, and a small rocking chair for him that my grandfather made.  I also have a small doll.  Both have traveled with me in all of my moves.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@luvmybeetle 

Not a 1.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I played in the basement and garage.......Might still have some old tools.    

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Re: Your Old Toys

[ Edited ]

I have my Toni doll and two tea sets.  I'm glad someone mentioned the tea sets because they did not come to mind.  In fact, it was perhaps three years ago when I happened upon them.  I've no idea where they are now in my house.

How I loved to set up tea parties on the small table in my very old-fashioned large closet.  It was not a walk-in, but each bedroom in our house had one of these large closets in which you could walk if you bent over.  As a child, you did not have to bend, of course.

Each bedroom also had a "dressing room," which was situated between the bedroom and the large closet.  Our house was not large, but this arrangement must have been customary for the era in which it was built.

[True to my name, I have gold-clad bracelets from when I was 3 or 5 years old as well as a gold-clad bracelet from when I was 15.  I lost my baptismal cross, which I had from the age of 6 months.]   

Honored Contributor

@Carmie Oh, how fun is that?   I was a baton twirler myself back in the day!  I wish I still had mine, I have no idea whatever happened to that. 

As far as old toys the only thing I still have in my possession is my stuffed dog named Sandy.  My dad bought him the day I was born and he has been on my bed for 60 years..........of course he is pretty scraggly looking but I still adore him and will most likely take him with me at the end, LOL!  

Trusted Contributor

I still have some of my dolls. I have a Dy-dee doll, a Ginger doll, a Ginny doll, a Mary Hartline doll and a few other dolls from the 1950s. I also have my daughter's and oldest grandaughter's Barbie dolls.They aren't in the greatest shape, but they all have sentimental value to me!