Trusted Contributor

My husband and I were chatting and reminiscing about our first date together!  In my case it was my first date.  I was l6 and he was 17 so he had already had a couple or three.

We went to a basketball game at his school on a Friday night.  I had a very strict old fashioned father so I had to be home at 10:30. So it was straight home from the game!  And, of course there was no time for a late night hamburger!! When we pulled in my driveway my mother was peeking through the drapes!! No hanky panky that night for us!!   And that was my get home time  for a whole year!   We both did date other people off and on but kept finding each other and did get married at 2l and 20!!    Care to talk about your first?Woman Wink

Esteemed Contributor

DH called and invited me to "see his facilities" (we were both working in Special Services, he at a Navy base and me at a Marine base 1 1/2 hrs away).  At first I was reticent, as I figured he might be a married man and 1  1/2 hrs might guarantee his anonymity.  He wasn't married and we were 13 months later!

Honored Contributor

You guys have already heard about my first 'date' with my husband.

As far as a real first date with a guy there's only one other guy I ever loved other than my husband.  He lives in Florida and he even married (and divorced) a girl with the same name as mine.

We were together for several years til I saw my late husband across the room at a dance.  Knew immediately I was going to marry him.

He used to say, "I don't remember asking you to marry me?"  I said, "Well, it's because you didn't.  I knew I was going to marry you from the minute I saw you.  I told my sister...When you told me your last name I thought it was your first name and that's why I've always called you by your last name."  He'd laugh and say, "Well, I'm glad you picked me".

Honored Contributor

My first date was at 15 and it was a disappointment. I really didn't have a memorable date until I met my husband.

Honored Contributor

I didn’t date in my sophomore year because I didn’t like anyone and no one asked me out anyway. My first date was to the fair in my junior year. I worked at a Sirloin Stockade with my best friend and we liked two guys that worked there. Anyway he asked me out and I was so excited. I bought a brown pants suit ( can’t remember the name of the store) but it was next to TG&Y. Had to be home by midnight and Dad was up waiting. We dated three years but marry.

Honored Contributor

We went fishing. I know that doesn't sound very romantic and we didn't catch many fish but he was my biggest catch. I guess I used the right lure.

Honored Contributor

I met someone at a church social when I was a sophomore.   We dated through high school.........and he still calls me 50 years later, even though we live a couple thousand miles apart.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

First real date with DH was a double date with my sister and her boy friend at the time who was a friend of DH then. We had a picnic at a park along the St. Lawrence River. Had a great time and that really cemented our relationship. We were married about 2 months after. That was about 55 years ago. Time flies when you're having fun.

Respected Contributor

My first date with my husband was a fix up date. I was fifteen and he was seventeen. We had seen each other in school so I know what he looked like. Cute! We went to the drive in. My girlfriends had dates with his friends. We parked side by side. I was sitting as close to the door as I could. He said are you going to move over? I did and I remember he smelled so good. Ha! We both knew that this was it. Married four years later.

Trusted Contributor

@Annabellethecat66wrote:

You guys have already heard about my first 'date' with my husband.

As far as a real first date with a guy there's only one other guy I ever loved other than my husband.  He lives in Florida and he even married (and divorced) a girl with the same name as mine.

We were together for several years til I saw my late husband across the room at a dance.  Knew immediately I was going to marry him.

He used to say, "I don't remember asking you to marry me?"  I said, "Well, it's because you didn't.  I knew I was going to marry you from the minute I saw you.  I told my sister...When you told me your last name I thought it was your first name and that's why I've always called you by your last name."  He'd laugh and say, "Well, I'm glad you picked me".

@Annabellethecat66 I have not heard your touching story before, I appreciate you sharing it (again) THANK YOU, I LOVED IT!