Respected Contributor

My DH met over 30 yrs. ago. On our first date, he took me to a Stevie Wonder concert. How cool is that? I sure was impressed!

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Respected Contributor

Re: Your First Date!

[ Edited ]

My first date ever was when I was 11 or 12 years old. We went to a movie and sat in the first row. My eyes started to hurt and I felt awful. When I came home I had a fever and was diagnosed with the measles. It was just about this time of year as it was the first Passover seder which is probably why my mom wanted me out of the house while she prepared for it. I spent the next week in a darkened closed off room. Didn't date again until I was in my mid teens.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

I "went steady" with my DH all through junior high & high school.Except for the  times we would fight & break up - teenage drama. At first I was only allowed to group date then when I was 16 & still with the same boy , I was allowed to go on real dates. My Dad always told me not to think I had a right to spend a boy's money on dates expecting him to buy me meals or trinkets etc. I would eat at home before we went out , and if we stopped somewhere I would just get something to drink or a single ice cream. I was always aware that he was saving for college, & that he & his Mom did not have much money, so I never expected him to spend a lot on me.

Honored Contributor

Honestly, after 37 years I'm surprised I remember.  We've done a lot of living in those 37 years.  I was in college, he was attending an LPN program at a hospital that was near my college.  We both commuted to school and we took the same train.  I never noticed him on the train (he noticed me)  but I saw him a few times in the bookstore that I frequented and sitting in the quad.  So, when he struck up a conversation in the bookstore one day, I didn't feel like he was a stranger.  He wasn't a "college boy" and I liked that.  He like sci fi books and we were both pursuing medical careers.  We lived in neighboring towns.  It seemed "right" from the very beginning.  We had pizza a couple of times while we waited for our train but that was not a date.  Our first real date was a few weeks later on a Saturday night.  He took me out for chinese food, a nice place and a movie.  We never saw the movie because we spent the entire evening eating and talking and laughing.  We were both 21 and both graduating that summer.  After that first date, I knew that he was "the one".  We were just together, a couple after that and we were engaged a year later and married a year after that.  I didn't have much dating experience before I met him.  

Trusted Contributor

First date was with a guy that worked with my brother.  Took me to Star Wars movie.  Star Wars was not my cup of tea, I fell asleep in the theater - needless to say, he did not ask me for a second date!

Honored Contributor

@Newgate

I honestly don’t recall my first date of who it was with. I guess it wasn’t all that important to me.