Honored Contributor

The heat index here was 114 and the actual temp was 101.

Respected Contributor

Cooler air cannot get here fast enough Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

You Win ! We're going to check into evaporative cooler and see the cost of installation, maintenance, etc.

Get couple of quotes this week.

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@SharkE , that’s hot!

In Nova Scotia, we are having our own heat wave.  It was 93F here yesterday and it is going to be hotter today.  We were in the lake swimming four times yesterday.  So lucky to be able to do that!  LM

Wow, that had to be unusual weather for your area. Enjoy the lake.

Honored Contributor

Re: YIKES! HOT SAT.

[ Edited ]
Spoiler

@SharkE.  Now that I've had the fun of convincing you, I  must say that I'm not sure Amarillo is suited for swamp coolers as it may be too humid.  You seem to get a lot more rain than we do.  There's a noticable decrease in cooling during rainy periods which I  expect will happen this coming week.  I'm still comfortable but not freezing like I have been this past week.  Refrigerated air like you have is considered superior, although more expensive to operate.  Never heard of a person going from it to a swamp cooler, although many swamp cooler owners convert to refrigerated air.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Yep, got a call back today from a guy and he said he would do it , but, this area is not as dry as it should be. Suppose to , possibly, get rain tonight.

Think the EP's are more for New Mexico and Arizona where it's considered '

'desert' we're more 'semi-desert'

He said we are too humid still. Hard for me to believe, but, remember @Kachina624  I'm from Ind where it rains 5 days a week. LOL

Just have to pay those huge electric bills like 3 months a yr. July bill be a barn burner I'm sure. Hopefully, Aug. on will give us a break.

Enjoy those 50 a month bills ! LOL

Honored Contributor

@SharkE.  I think you may be right.  Are you on the "balanced billing" for your electric bills?  It helps avoid those huge summer bills.  I pay about $53/mo all year, every month.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

No, DH doesn't believe in it. Think it's called 'budget pricing' it's about the same price monthly all yr. then you have a 'balloon' payment in Dec.

He bellows "I want to know what I'm paying not what they want me to think I'm paying". LOL

Can't win it seems.  He'll be home starting mid Sept for the rest of his life if he gets hot enough he'll turn it on.