Honored Contributor

103' in Amarillo, TX dropping to 80's , though , come Mon.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE.  Can you believe it?  A cold front is due to pass our way Monday.  We'll be in 80s next week with good chances for rain.  We hit 100° today for the first time this year.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

@SharkE  I am in Texas also. I lived about 2 and a half hours from you. Home of the Red Raiders. This week has been miserable. A 100 degrees almost every day and it doesn't cool down at night. 80 degrees at 3:00 a.m. this morning. Next week, it looks to be 80 something all week. I dread my electric bill this month!

Honored Contributor

Re: YIKES! HOT SAT.

[ Edited ]

Wow! your closer then Kachinea she's in Alburq, New Mexico.

I got pen pals all over seems like !

Our bill was 255 this month and that is with thermostat set on 77 it was 78

but, he broke down and let me move it down one degree.

JUly's bill will be every bit 400 I have no doubt, but, you have to live.

I turn off at night and sleep with fans on and don't turn it back on till noon next day.

Just had new roof put on Tues and poor men up there , roofing, Yikes !

Honored Contributor

@texassunflower.  I lived 7 years in Midland and left West Texas because the summers were so brutal.   My first year there it got up to 120° one fine June day.

Now I'm in the Albuquerque area and it's a lot more pleasant due to the altitude and dryness.  I've been wrapped in a fleece throw all day because my evaporative cooler keeps my house so cold.....and it costs pennies to run.

I've  got grandchildren in Lubbock.

Honored Contributor

Sounds good, but, I don't want no water above my head. We've had trouble with leaks all our lives. Have to have somebody else to turn on and off for you , etc. 

after my ceiling in living room caved in about a 3x3 ft section at one a.m. from a humidifier connected to the furnace that pipe burst. No more water for us. Then, we've had trouble with leaking sky lights, you name it. That was up in Ind. no water to leak from rains down here. LOL

Trusted Contributor

@SharkE, do you live in Amarillo?  One of my best friends of forty years moved there a few years ago.  Her daughter is a doctor in one of the hospitals, so the family followed her from LI to Amarillo.  Big change to say the least, but they love it and are doing well.  

Honored Contributor

Yep, we need more places to shop. If Dillards goes out I'll be up the creek

Kohl's is ok, but, not as nice as Dillards. We got plenty of places to eat, but, half are Mexican fare. He won't touch.  We stick with SaltGrass Steak house and few others that are for the delicate stomach folk.

We need a car Max place too. Nearest one is Ok I think. Gonna sell my Kia next yr and go to midsize van. DH has 6 more wks to work then he's falling back on SS LOL.

Gonna be a adjustment for both of us I have my escape plan mapped out

hang.gif       ROFL

Honored Contributor

@SharkE. My electric bill for June was $50.37.  I've paid as much as $400.+  when I  lived in Texas.

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE , that’s hot!

In Nova Scotia, we are having our own heat wave.  It was 93F here yesterday and it is going to be hotter today.  We were in the lake swimming four times yesterday.  So lucky to be able to do that!  LM