Respected Contributor

Wow! I'm really feeling Useless ...

Last year, (November) I started working for an agency that sends us to different schools to work with kids. 

My supervisor had told me in February that when my assignment ended in JUNE, she would schedule me for another assignment.

I emailed her yesterday, asking about my summer schedule.

SHE FORGOT.

She said they'd already hired their summer staff.

Wow.

Talk about feeling useless ...

Woman Indifferent

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Respected Contributor

Re: Wow! I'm really feeling Useless ...

@RinaRina It has nothing to do with you.  It has to do with the supervisor and her forgetfulness and disorganization.  Don't take it personally.  

I encounter and deal with people all the time who are super disorganized and forgetful.

Esteemed Contributor

you can't fix stupid!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

That is a shame.

But speaking as someone currently working in a job with one million details, I sometimes forget stuff too, even though I am very organized and not stupid..     Smiley Sad

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

@RinaRina wrote:

Last year, (November) I started working for an agency that sends us to different schools to work with kids. 

My supervisor had told me in February that when my assignment ended in JUNE, she would schedule me for another assignment.

I emailed her yesterday, asking about my summer schedule.

SHE FORGOT.

She said they'd already hired their summer staff.

Wow.

Talk about feeling useless ...

Woman Indifferent

It's not you, it's HER.   Sorry she dropped the ball on you. Smiley Sad  But, certainly, don't be upset at yourself.

Respected Contributor

@RinaRina

I remember a post in which you sounded extremely unhappy working where you were. Maybe the supervisor was doing you a favor "forgetting."

Honored Contributor

@RinaRina@I hope that you can find another’s summer job but in the meantime keep checking back with your supervisor so that she doesn’t forget about you for the fall hiring..You have to stay on top of these things for yourself as you found out you can’t count on others.

Respected Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

@RinaRina

I remember a post in which you sounded extremely unhappy working where you were. Maybe the supervisor was doing you a favor "forgetting."

==================

That was a different company (the "millenials") . I got this job a month later.

But U might be right - maybe she was doing me a favor, for three reasons.

#1- Long story, short - I just found out 2 weeks ago, I have an adrenal deficiency.  At least now I know why I drink so much coffee.

#2 - As the Chinese proverb goes:  "One door closes, another door opens".

#3 - There are no accidents in life.  Everthing happens for a reason.

I just hope the reason is good and the "other" door is an opportunity that will be compatible with my illness.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Respected Contributor

Funny thing about having an adrenal deficiency ... I'm too tired to to be upset.

10 or 20 years ago, I would've been annoyed.

Now, I'm just sitting here ... feeling .. useless and kind of sad.

Oh well ... LIFE WILL GO ON!

Honored Contributor

I hope you have more energy soon. I also agree that none of this reflects on you in any way and probably is a blessing in disguise... time to adjust and time to find something more suitable to you AND it's their loss!  Take care..... Woman Happy 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*