Respected Contributor

I would have removed them from the jar and cleaned the pennies and the jar and replaced the coin in the same jar and left it where I found it. It would have me wondering about the pennies and why they were there and if they did have some meaning.

Esteemed Contributor

I do the same thing!

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden

You said you "came across" the pennies.  Were they in your house or car, or somewhere not in your living area?

Esteemed Contributor

I've done this before many times.  I also pick pennies up when I find them on the ground.

Honored Contributor

Re: Would you do this?

[ Edited ]

@Noel7 wrote:

@SeaMaiden

You said you "came across" the pennies.  Were they in your house or car, or somewhere not in your living area?

@Noel7  They were just in with some paper clips and other odds and ends...on my work desk where  I write and such. They had been there for years I am sure...just because.

Honored Contributor

There IS a penny that they just ID'd as rare.  You might google it.

Honored Contributor

Hi @SeaMaiden

That would define my answer, lol.  Gooeyness of unknown origin... I would not touch it.  I would probably toss the entire contents, but that's just me Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

I can't believe I'm reading about penny's, must be an sign. My hubby and I were on vacation to Florida left my son with grandma.from the moment I got in my car to the airport this story started about my penny.    

On the way to the airport on my lap was a penny this penny had 3 tiny black marks on it, thought nothing of it put it in my change purse. Get on the plane and ion my lap was the same penny with the black dots,we laughed and I put it away well threw out the week this penny showed up, on my lap, the floor you name it so my hubby said you must not be zipper the coin purse right so he did it a couple hours later bam the penny showed up on my lap,we just looked at each other.

well we get home and tell our son the story and he wanted to see the penny and I said in alittle while. Well I wanted to but all the change away so I dumped all the change  in my hand to put away and the penny fell right out of my hand and on to the floor.so my son got to see the famous penny I picked up the penny and I put it on my dresser. I'm not superstitious but that penny must of ment something special so I'll keep it away from the other change.

Honored Contributor

The only time that happens is when I put change in the car cup holder.  Haven't done that in eons.  I either wiped it off and spent it or vacuumed it up when I cleaned the car.  I've never washed it though.

Honored Contributor

I don't find it odd at all, pennies are coins.  Money.  But I wouldn't have gone to all that bother for  few cents.  Penny are just a nuisance to me.