Trusted Contributor

Would like opinions please....

I am in my early 60s. I have only done part time store work all my life. I am thinking of taking a 3 to 6 month class in phlebotomy. I will need some kind of skill for myself in the near future. Do you think i am too old, or may not get hired? Thanks for any replies.

Respected Contributor

Re: Would like opinions please....

@dogsx3: You're bound to get all kinds of opinions on this forum. But the only one that really counts is yours. If this something you really want to accomplish, I say...go for it, no matter what anyone else says. Good luck! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Oh gosh, not at all! Don't let age stop you. I think having maturity is an asset. 

Honored Contributor

It would probably depend on the number of available jobs.  

Esteemed Contributor

Go for it.  It's a great big world, never know when an opportunuty will spring up.

Respected Contributor

Go for it! 

Honored Contributor

I say go for it, you may have the nack for it, as my Grandma used to say, the people you are drawing blood from will appreciate it. I can tell you as someone who has to have blood drawn frequently, I don't care how old you are, just please have the nack.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I absolutely encourage you to take the class and see if this type of work is of true interest to you.   

Phlebotomy is a good job, and offers many opportunities for those dedicated to the work.  It requires patience, skill, and a great desire to work in a fast paced, stressful medical environment.   

Best wishes with this class, or whatever you choose to do.

Esteemed Contributor

Go for it & GOOD LUCK!!!!!!🍀 

Esteemed Contributor

If this is something you have a strong desire to do than by all means, go for it.  Do  not let your age stop you, you are still young enough to learn a new profession and be hired.  Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam