Esteemed Contributor

Re: Working from Home

[ Edited ]

I am so enjoying working from home!! I get so much more done in a set period of time. It makes me realize how much chatter goes on in an office- and I'm no chatterbox either! For those who can work remotely, we won't be going back to the office for quite awhile. I work for a University, and with remote learning being on the students agenda they feel the staff  (when possible) should also be remote.

My department has weekly zoom meetings - also virtual events with my division to stay connected. 

I've filled up my tank once since mid-March!! Expenses are way down, I'm looking into 2020 'home office' tax deductions too. Win win every way you look at it!  Woman Happy

Valued Contributor

Re: Working from Home

[ Edited ]

I had to call customer service for a credit card company and was not pleased to discover that the rep I had reached was working from home.  You mean all of my financials are there for anyone to see?  Her kids, her spouse or whoever else lives with her?  That is not good.  Also, she was eating and chewing when she answered the call because I initially had difficulty understanding her until she had a chance to swallow and then suddenly heard her crystal clear.  

In resolving my c.c. issue about a product I not only never received but was acknowledged by the company I bought it from, who promised a refund that never came, the rep kept asking me to read to her what that company's return policy was!  I was unable to do this because a...had never received product, b.....was not on their website to hunt for that information, c.....she would not tell me why I had to provide this irrelevant information to her.  

I spoke to the manager afterwards and complained.  He gave me a generous credit to my account that covers the cost of my missing item but the case is still open and not yet acted upon regarding my refund and yes I want one.  That person was incompetent to the max and it bothered me she was at home unsupervised.

After the call ended I changed my password.  I trust her as far as I can throw her! 

Honored Contributor

Well, back to the office in the morning... I have had a bit of a spa weekend and have been pampered and prettied from head to toe! ..can I please stay home anyway? 

I’m just anxious about an anticipated lack of social distancing and don’t expect to see any/many masks being used. I am going early and going to the main floor instead of the lower level of the parking garage in hopes of avoiding a crowd at the elevator. I’m reminding myself that the mask I will wear until I get to my office is for others, not for myself. Otherwise, my first impulse is to feel silly for wearing one. I haven’t actually gone anywhere to need one yet. 

I’m very happy to have my own office and plan to close the door. That closed door seems to intimidate people and they don’t bother me. lol I’m not an intimidating person but I’m glad co-workers respect that closed door.  It will ease my stress over the unknowns about going back.

Enjoy working from home!

Esteemed Contributor

I'm working from home and enjoying the peace and quiet with no interruptions.

The only stressor is when we'll be called back in. It's only speculation with estimates from August until December.