Reply
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,542
Registered: ‎06-10-2010

Selling a sleeveless top,then through a jacket over it.I think we all know that the jacket will always work,but come on sell the top,dress them right

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,152
Registered: ‎02-05-2018

Re: Why do they do this?

[ Edited ]

I don't mind if they have one model with a jacket over it or otherwise styled, because that's how I'd actually wear it, but the majority of the models need to wear it uncovered,  unbelted, untucked, whatever.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,722
Registered: ‎06-10-2015

I have been complaining about them covering up tops when they are being shown, whether it is with a jacket, sweater, jewelry, scarves or shoulder bags.  But it falls on deaf ears.

Blowing out someone elses candle does not make yours burn brighter. (unknown)
Honored Contributor
Posts: 31,130
Registered: ‎05-17-2010

Re: Why do they do this?

[ Edited ]

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

I have been complaining about them covering up tops when they are being shown, whether it is with a jacket, sweater, jewelry, scarves or shoulder bags.  But it falls on deaf ears.


 

 

@Imaoldhippie   That makes two of us. I had a thread about this last year. If I see jean jackets, long scarves to cover bulging buttons, sweaters or lg. shoulder bags on most of the models covering a top or outfit, it means it’s ill fitting and a “no” for me.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,603
Registered: ‎07-15-2016

I just assume they are trying to cover up some issue with the garment on that particular model.

 

There have been so many times that I was interested in something that wasn't clearly shown on air ... even checking and stopping the video afterwards.  

 

 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,122
Registered: ‎05-05-2010

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I just assume they are trying to cover up some issue with the garment on that particular model.

 

There have been so many times that I was interested in something that wasn't clearly shown on air ... even checking and stopping the video afterwards.  

 

 


@ALRATIBA , same here!  Maybe I've been watching shopping channels for too long but I always pay more attention to what is NOT shown or NOT said. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,603
Registered: ‎07-15-2016

@Suzeecat wrote:

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I just assume they are trying to cover up some issue with the garment on that particular model.

 

There have been so many times that I was interested in something that wasn't clearly shown on air ... even checking and stopping the video afterwards.  

 

 


@ALRATIBA , same here!  Maybe I've been watching shopping channels for too long but I always pay more attention to what is NOT shown or NOT said. 


@Suzeecat 

 

The two you have to watch (and listen to) are Pat and SG.  Watch how they rearrange the clothes on the rack to hide mismatched fronts.  Belts or tied up fronts to hide that the jackets don't hang properly.   I like SG's clothes ... but you have to be careful what you choose.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 11,963
Registered: ‎05-23-2010

I’ve made many suggestions for Q to stop this practice. I want to see what I’m buying. It’s frustrating to not know what the item really looks like until it arrives in the mail.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 10,266
Registered: ‎03-11-2010

I do not understand your post. Through a jacket over it?

If you want to make a good living, you got to put on a good show. Johnny Lee
Honored Contributor
Posts: 34,359
Registered: ‎08-19-2010

sure keeps you busy doesn't it you post enough on the subject