Trusted Contributor

Selling a sleeveless top,then through a jacket over it.I think we all know that the jacket will always work,but come on sell the top,dress them right

Respected Contributor

Re: Why do they do this?

[ Edited ]

I don't mind if they have one model with a jacket over it or otherwise styled, because that's how I'd actually wear it, but the majority of the models need to wear it uncovered,  unbelted, untucked, whatever.

Honored Contributor

I have been complaining about them covering up tops when they are being shown, whether it is with a jacket, sweater, jewelry, scarves or shoulder bags.  But it falls on deaf ears.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Re: Why do they do this?

[ Edited ]

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

I have been complaining about them covering up tops when they are being shown, whether it is with a jacket, sweater, jewelry, scarves or shoulder bags.  But it falls on deaf ears.

@Imaoldhippie   That makes two of us. I had a thread about this last year. If I see jean jackets, long scarves to cover bulging buttons, sweaters or lg. shoulder bags on most of the models covering a top or outfit, it means it’s ill fitting and a “no” for me.

Honored Contributor

I just assume they are trying to cover up some issue with the garment on that particular model.

There have been so many times that I was interested in something that wasn't clearly shown on air ... even checking and stopping the video afterwards.  

Respected Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I just assume they are trying to cover up some issue with the garment on that particular model.

There have been so many times that I was interested in something that wasn't clearly shown on air ... even checking and stopping the video afterwards.  

@ALRATIBA , same here!  Maybe I've been watching shopping channels for too long but I always pay more attention to what is NOT shown or NOT said. 

Honored Contributor

@Suzeecat wrote:

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@ALRATIBA , same here!  Maybe I've been watching shopping channels for too long but I always pay more attention to what is NOT shown or NOT said. 

@Suzeecat 

The two you have to watch (and listen to) are Pat and SG.  Watch how they rearrange the clothes on the rack to hide mismatched fronts.  Belts or tied up fronts to hide that the jackets don't hang properly.   I like SG's clothes ... but you have to be careful what you choose.

Honored Contributor

I’ve made many suggestions for Q to stop this practice. I want to see what I’m buying. It’s frustrating to not know what the item really looks like until it arrives in the mail.

Honored Contributor

I do not understand your post. Through a jacket over it?

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Honored Contributor

sure keeps you busy doesn't it you post enough on the subject