Respected Contributor

Re: Who does that?

[ Edited ]

"Those" people bug the heck out of me. We all end up paying for their laziness  in the for of higher prices.Overhead in a store is expensive, dollar for dollar having a cart attendant is one of the biggest expenditures any store can have. Put your cart back!

Leaving food on shelves is lazy and borders on slovenly imho. I can only imagine what their homes look like.

Many shoppers think they are in a public place they can do anything they want. What they fail to realize they are in a store that is open to the public, not a public facility,  there's a difference! Stores can call the shots and even have you 86'd for that behavior if caught. They usually don't though and they suck it up, then pass the costs to all of us.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

For all you know, they had an emergency and didn't have time to put the items back. It's best not to be so quick to judge or be so harsh since 'what goes around, comes around'.

If you've an emergency you bring the cart, the basket, the item you are carrying to the cashier at front and tell them on your way out.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

I like Aldi for the way they handle their carts. You pay a quarter to get one in the front of the store and return it when you are done and your quarter comes back to you. No attendants to pay.