Honored Contributor

I was grocery shopping yesterday

On the cracker aisle, someone left a box of ice cream bars and a cold deli salad on the shelf next to the triscuits.....WHO DOES THAT? A lazy A** that's who.

The same person who leaves their shopping  cart in the parking spot instead of where the carts go...the same person who litters ....a rude, inconsiderate and selfish person who thinks about no one or anything other than them self.

I gave the two items to a store clerk( not sure if they were still any good or how long they had been sitting there)  

I would love to give these Jerks   who do things like this,  a piece of my mind😡

Honored Contributor

unsupervised children

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

For all you know, they had an emergency and didn't have time to put the items back. It's best not to be so quick to judge or be so harsh since 'what goes around, comes around'.

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi   They are one source, but far from the only.  Plenty of adults are also guilty.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Who does that?

[ Edited ]

I would bet that this is done by lazy adults more than children. 

I see it virtually every time I go into any food store.  I very much doubt that each and every culprit had an "emergency."

Thoughtless and disrespectful to the business owner and other shoppers. 

Valued Contributor

@ThinkingOutLoud  I appreciate that you are probably a kind and considerate person, but the type of "let it slide because we don't know what is going on with them" excuse making is what has led to the downward spiral in society today.  People have had emergencies, financial difficulties, personal problems and all sort of issues since the beginning of time.  Until recently there was an expected standard of decent behavior that was taught to children by their parents and passed down from generation to generation.

Now nobody is responsible for anything and nothing is anyone's fault.  There are no standards of proper behavior to be held to anymore.  Ill mannered, slovenly, rude adults 

raise their children the same way.  After a short time, we are surrounded by filth, violence and anarchy.  Take a look at NYC and LA where shoplifting is no longer a crime.  We are 

on the elevator heading for the basement.

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden ...Your thread brings to mind what happened to me months ago:  I'd just had '2' ankle surgeries and was pushing myself to be up and about because the groceries in the house were getting slim.  I pushed the filled buggy back to my car, unloaded it and left the buggy up on the curb because of my ankle pain.  A young woman proceeded to jerk my buggy off the curb, all the while ''giving me the finger''.  It has haunted me to this day.  I've always put the buggys back in the rack in times past but this particular day, I was lucky to even just be out of bed.  Keep in mind folks, things are not always as they seem.

Trusted Contributor

I always pull items from the back of the refrigerator or freezer simply because of this, a store clerk will be instructed to just put the items back on the shelf that was left out wherever in the store and they will just plop the item in the front of the stack where it belongs.

Honored Contributor

A person who does that, barring no emergency or health problems, is selfish and inconsiderate. However, even if you do have an  emergency.... couldn't you tell someone on the way out?

Esteemed Contributor

@781Florist wrote:

@ThinkingOutLoud  I appreciate that you are probably a kind and considerate person, but the type of "let it slide because we don't know what is going on with them" excuse making is what has led to the downward spiral in society today.  People have had emergencies, financial difficulties, personal problems and all sort of issues since the beginning of time.  Until recently there was an expected standard of decent behavior that was taught to children by their parents and passed down from generation to generation.

Now nobody is responsible for anything and nothing is anyone's fault.  There are no standards of proper behavior to be held to anymore.  Ill mannered, slovenly, rude adults 

raise their children the same way.  After a short time, we are surrounded by filth, violence and anarchy.  Take a look at NYC and LA where shoplifting is no longer a crime.  We are 

on the elevator heading for the basement.

Well said...