Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden 

Yes, if we all acted like that, what a mess the stores would be!  And this kind of thing just increases prices even more!  And -- regarding the carts, I have had dings in my car because of people leaving carts all over and then one comes flying by and bam!  Also, people who take the carts and never return them.  Those carts are very expensive!  I was at a store not long ago and there were no baskets.  I asked several employees about it and they said - believe it or not people keep stealing them!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

To all who said IT MIGHT BE AN EMERGENCY.... or perhaps there was a REASON...yes, there are always exceptions I suppose....

but, these EMERGENCIES and EXCEPTIONS seem to be happening too often and many times  to just give the " be kind and understanding" card.

the reality is that  most people  who do this are just JERKS.

Respected Contributor

I see it all the time in Walmart. Also, clothes left on the floor when they fall off the hangers. At least that can't spoil, but I will rehang them if I notice it. 

Esteemed Contributor

Having worked plenty of summers in retail, including grocery, I still find myself rehanging and refolding mistreated merchandise. 

In a grocery store I straighten up cans and boxes that are in disarray. 

What people do to things they don't own is incredible.....

Trusted Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

unsupervised children

I wish!  Nice of you to give the person the benefit of the doubt, but I am sure it was an adult.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Who does that?

[ Edited ]

@catter70 wrote:

I see it all the time in Walmart. Also, clothes left on the floor when they fall off the hangers. At least that can't spoil, but I will rehang them if I notice it. 

@catter70 me, too!  I worked in a department store for a couple of years when I was in college.  I still find myself picking things up or straightening a stack of clothing as I am walking by.  Those habits stay with you.  If I am looking for a size in a stack of folded clothing, of course I refold and straighten whatever I looked at.  Guess it stays with you.  Having worked in a store, I also think of the employees who have to straighten the displays.  

Trusted Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Having worked plenty of summers in retail, including grocery, I still find myself rehanging and refolding mistreated merchandise. 

In a grocery store I straighten up cans and boxes that are in disarray. 

What people do to things they don't own is incredible.....

@Johnnyeager I just replied similarly.  If everyone had a chance to work in retail, even only a short time, they would be more mindful of leaving things in disarray.

Honored Contributor

@catter70 wrote:

@catter70  I do that too! 

Esteemed Contributor

How about when you go to pick up a box of cereal or anything else and 

there is a drink left by someone just sitting there in your way. I see it all

the time, maybe a Dunkin Donuts cup here or something even from the

store that someone tore into and destroyed the package and maybe 

even stole. Their trash just thrown because they are too lazy to put 

trash where it belongs. These people are disgusting too.

Honored Contributor

Do you really think they would care what you think?  Like it or not, we do not live in a perfect world with perfect people.