Respected Contributor

Re: What Are You Planning To Do Today?

I've been sucking in my gut all day.

Because of my age I'm getting a little ...pudgy...around the middle; almost a muffin top. I hate it because it looks awful. I've never had to do this before and I guess one of the days I'm going to have to buy spanx or the equivalent.

Honored Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

@ninjawife  I almost could have stated the exact same thing.  Had a rough night of no sleep, for some reason.   Early this morning me and my hubby went to help my daughter take her old mattress and box spring to the recycling center.  That was fun, two vehicles, tying them on top and driving to the center. Then untying and taking them off the vehicles.....  Oh brother, what happened to the days of spring clean up????  Remember when they used to pick up junk once a year???    Now we actually had to pay " them"  to take the darn things off our hands, what has this world come to???  LOL< I am just now thinking of what wine I would prefer to drink, yes, I know it's 2:00pm EST.    I did however, also spend two hours in Home Depot with hubby, need I say more? 

@LindaSal   Re: Your 2PM wine break. It's always 5 o'clock somewhere, right? Enjoy. Well deserved.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Fribwl wrote:

Went out to supermarket and picked up the food that I plan on eating on Memorial Day.  Nothing big.  Hot dogs hamburgers, red skin potato salad and I will make macaroni salad.  Also, corn on the cob.  Yesterday I cleaned my deck, chairs, new table cloth.  The weather here in New York (Nassau County) is suppose to be nice on Monday. I'm ready!

@Fribwl LOVE grilled burgers. I only serve one starch in a meal, especially with reduced the metabolism of later years. Have you ever heard of a "Carolina Classic"?  It's a hamburger with chili, slaw, onions, and mustard.  Absolutely delicious and Wendys has them in the summer.

We did a lettuce tomato, onion burger where I was reared.  DH is from the mid eastern part of the state.  He introduced me to them, apparently they're well known for Wendys to pick them up.

@ECBG   Unless I missed recent changes, Wendy's was "meatless" due to the shortage. Ah, shucks!