Esteemed Contributor

Re: What Are You Planning To Do Today?

Whee!  Need to rest a while.  Just rearranged plugs to all electrical toys.  Found dust bunnies.  

Esteemed Contributor

@ninjawife  I almost could have stated the exact same thing.  Had a rough night of no sleep, for some reason.   Early this morning me and my hubby went to help my daughter take her old mattress and box spring to the recycling center.  That was fun, two vehicles, tying them on top and driving to the center. Then untying and taking them off the vehicles.....  Oh brother, what happened to the days of spring clean up????  Remember when they used to pick up junk once a year???    Now we actually had to pay " them"  to take the darn things off our hands, what has this world come to???  LOL< I am just now thinking of what wine I would prefer to drink, yes, I know it's 2:00pm EST.    I did however, also spend two hours in Home Depot with hubby, need I say more? 

Honored Contributor

My housekeeper will be here in 45 minutes to clean, so while she is cleaning I will do laundry & ironing & picking up puppy toys strewn all over!  I've never known one puppy to need THAT many toys!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

Today it looks like a few hours of mowing our acreage, then? Plan on heading down to  my gym for some Cardio and balance exercises and throw in my Abs and Inversion table. Next?  Doing some clothes washing.

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@Fribwl wrote:

Went out to supermarket and picked up the food that I plan on eating on Memorial Day.  Nothing big.  Hot dogs hamburgers, red skin potato salad and I will make macaroni salad.  Also, corn on the cob.  Yesterday I cleaned my deck, chairs, new table cloth.  The weather here in New York (Nassau County) is suppose to be nice on Monday. I'm ready!

@Fribwl LOVE grilled burgers. I only serve one starch in a meal, especially with reduced the metabolism of later years. Have you ever heard of a "Carolina Classic"?  It's a hamburger with chili, slaw, onions, and mustard.  Absolutely delicious and Wendys has them in the summer.

We did a lettuce tomato, onion burger where I was reared.  DH is from the mid eastern part of the state.  He introduced me to them, apparently they're well known for Wendys to pick them up.

Honored Contributor

Washed and folded a load of towels, cleaned the shower, vacuumed 3 rooms, and made tuna salad.   That’s it for today!

Esteemed Contributor

Nice weather here today so I spent some time walking outdoors.  It felt good to get some fresh air and sunshine. 

Esteemed Contributor

done:

transplanted 2 house plants

planted 6 Roberta's "monach butterfly" bushes

washed and waxed my new (2018) Silver metalflake Camry

Esteemed Contributor

Today was a surprisingly slow day for me. Light housekeeping, and baking cookies was it as of now. I am also getting in a little more retail therapy.🤪

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

Sadly, the same routine I've been doing the past 60+ days!

I get up, straighten up, take a walk (now by 7 so hot & humid), come home have a bite to eat and off to the pool!

I'm getting not a thing done at home -- and going to stores is the last thing I want to do, although, they are all open.

So, I'm getting my beautiful carribean tan sitting on a lounge chair right at the pool!!  

There is only the 2 of us, nothing is out of place, we have full fridge, cleaned all closets and more the first 3 weeks of the pandemic...now this is my NEW norm!!!

This week I hope to go to the beach when everyone is working and it won't be crowded after Memorial Day ...