Honored Contributor

I have decided to do a moratorium on purchases for a while. Haven't decided for how long,just want to see if I can do it. Of course not the bare necessities, but stuff we do not need. I am not sure we can do it. 

Altho I was ready to purchase the Liz Claibourne sweater in the Lunchtime Specials,but no I did not. 

Do you all think I can do it?

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Esteemed Contributor

Re: We have so much stuff....

Yes, I think you can do it, just set your mind to it and be stubborn.

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

I have decided to do a moratorium on purchases for a while. Haven't decided for how long,just want to see if I can do it. Of course not the bare necessities, but stuff we do not need. I am not sure we can do it. 

Altho I was ready to purchase the Liz Claibourne sweater in the Lunchtime Specials,but no I did not. 

Do you all think I can do it?

Sometimes it's fun to challenge yourself, best of luck !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Frequent Contributor

I too have to much stuff.  I also looked at the Liz lunchtime special.  The reviews said the color bleeds after one washing.  I need to clean the basement big time.  My husband just retired.  I do not want to leave a mess for my kids to clean up when we are gone.  I think most are in the same boat.  One day at a time.  I have been walking everyday.  This really helps.

Trusted Contributor

Go for it!  Do more than just try!  I really need to start going through things and generally getting rid of stuff we have kept for too long and are not using.

Trusted Contributor

Yes you can.  I have been doing the same thing and have completely reduced my Q purchases to 1 for the past 8 weeks.  Think of something else big you would like to save for instead.  Everytime hubby tells me he wants something that I don't think we really need, I tell him I'd rather put that money towards our vacation or that new car that he really does need.

To reduce any tempation I don't scroll through products which have been aired or any of the lunchtime or prime time deals.  

I also purge my house constantly.  We are a family of 6 in a small house so I can't keep clothes which are too small for anyone or out of style around.  I donate on a monthly basis to local charities.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1,  you can do it and I am going to do it with you!  Thanks for the incentive.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Super Contributor

Im divorced now and have a smaller place. I am in the process of going thru every thing including clothes and clean and clear out.

I like things simple and not cluttered. Plus I have clothes I dont wear that I will donate too.  I need to not watch any Shopping Networks when they have skin care and makeup though LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

Me too except for some clothes and shoes.  I gained weight when I stopped smoking in January.  Food tastes extra good now.  Don't need any household things, in  fact, I need to downsize a lot.  I think you can do it and me too!  Good luck!  Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

We're preparing to sell our single story home and move permanently into a condo.  So for the next week I will be sorting what's left in the house, donating, trashing or moving it.  I actually like doing this.  Gives me a feeling of accomplishment and control--LOL!!  No more purchasing until everything is sorted out.