Esteemed Contributor

Questions regarding people that order from HSN

[ Edited ]

Hello everyone.   I ordered a set of panasonic phones from HSN about 10 days ago.  I placed the order and got the confirmation, but then I got an email telling me the item was out of stock and that they hope to ship it in 30 days.   It also said that if they don't come in. the item will be cancelled.

This is the first thing I bought from HSN in many years,  and I was wondering if any of you can tell me what my chances are of getting this item?

Thanks in advance

Honored Contributor

Re: Questions regarding people that order from HSN

@BalletBabe

From your post -  Its apparent this is starting to be like QVC when one orders something its "readily" available but days later they find out its "waitlist", "backordered",  or "cancelled".

I order from HSN and I've never had a situation like this.  I would call HSN CS and find out what the order delay is - this way you can make a decision to cancel or wait.

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@BalletBabe

From your post -  Its apparent this is starting to be like QVC when one orders something its "readily" available but days later they find out its "waitlist", "backordered",  or "cancelled".

I order from HSN and I've never had a situation like this.  I would call HSN CS and find out what the order delay is - this way you can make a decision to cancel or wait.

here is the email I received  :

We're sorry, but due to unexpected circumstances, we do not have enough inventory to fulfill your order. We hope to have the item in stock in the next 30 days and will ship it to you as soon as possible. Your credit card will not be charged until the order ships. If we are unable to get this item back in stock by 10/09/2018, we will cancel the order. If you would like to cancel the order now, please click here.

Esteemed Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

@homedecor1 wrote:

@BalletBabe

here is the email I received  :

We're sorry, but due to unexpected circumstances, we do not have enough inventory to fulfill your order. We hope to have the item in stock in the next 30 days and will ship it to you as soon as possible. Your credit card will not be charged until the order ships. If we are unable to get this item back in stock by 10/09/2018, we will cancel the order. If you would like to cancel the order now, please click here.

@homedecor1   Well that is strange that you never had it happen.   I will wait, I am in no hurry.  It is just frustrating if you know what I mean.   Thanks for responding!

Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe

All the years I've shopped with them I've never had any problems like this NOR with any returns.  The returns are processed quickly, credited back to the card, etc.

Perhaps with the change over (Q / HSN) they are purchasing limited stock instead of ending up with warehouses full of stuff!

I ordered 3 weeks ago and all my things arrived perfectly and fast.

Esteemed Contributor

Has only happened to me once or twice, I always got my order.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Trusted Contributor

I have ordered from HSN for well over a decade @BalletBabe and only had that happen on my very first order.  I did receive it; hopefully you will receive your order, too.  😊

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe, I order occasionally from HSN and your situation has never happened to me.  Anything I ordered was shipped shortly after the order was placed...hope you get your phones.

Esteemed Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

Hello everyone.   I ordered a set of panasonic phones from HSN about 10 days ago.  I placed the order and got the confirmation, but then I got an email telling me the item was out of stock and that they hope to ship it in 30 days.   It also said that if they don't come in. the item will be cancelled.

This is the first thing I bought from HSN in many years,  and I was wondering if any of you can tell me what my chances are of getting this item?

Thanks in advance

The same thing happened to me approximately 8 years ago.

It was a Today's Special, and I ordered right after midnight, got the confirmation, and assumed I was all set.  More than a week later, I got an automated phone call telling me the item was out of stock.  I called and was told that they would ship to me if they got more.

I saw many presentations of the same item over the next few weeks, but they never sent one to me.  Instead, they cancelled my order.  Which was pretty frustrating , especially considering I had ordered within the first few minutes of the first presentation, and they continued to present it all day long and in the following weeks.

Hopefully things will turn out better for you!

Honored Contributor

I've had it happen in the past on orders from HSN and also within the past month (August).

I ordered the Beekman set of 3 lip balms.  They were "in stock", got the confirmation, all good.

Over a week later I was checking on the order status and it suddenly said it was "advanced ship date" or something like that and wasn't expected to ship until Sept. 24th.  WTH???

Anyway, the item actually arrived this week, but I was surprised that they didn't even notify me that the ship date had been changed.  No explanation either.