Esteemed Contributor

Re: Warning about Internet Fraud

Thank you for the warning, @Scooby Doo

One can't be too careful. My folks just had something last week, had to change their savings and checking account numbers. 

I check my savings and checking account every morning after being hacked into several years ago. We got the money back, but it made a lasting impression on me.

Esteemed Contributor

@Scooby Doo wrote:

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@Scooby Doo 

Sorry to read your computer was hacked.

I found a YouTuber Thio Joe. He explains about malware, virus, and how and why your computer has become infected. He talks about how to stay safe. 

I recommend you add paid Malwarebytes to your security software mix. This product runs along with your internet security software. 

@Nuttmeg Thank you for the reference.  I'm going to watch it right now.

I have paid malwarebytes on my main desktop computer but it was my laptop in another room that got hacked.  It has Norton on it.

Please use on both. 

Esteemed Contributor

Several years ago, I kept receiving emails from 'Pay Pal 'that there was a problem with my account.  Called Pay Pal and no, I didn't.  Finally just closed my account.

Recently I have received two emails from 'Amazon' telling me there are problems with security.  Called Amazon and no, there isn't a problem.

The email are very real looking...even exact logo of the companies!!  So irritating...and scary!