Respected Contributor

Hot and muggy in my state today.I broke down yesterday,and turned on the air.it seems like i do this earlier and earlier.i do much better in cooler weather than hot.i don't know how people in the south stand the weather.maybe they are used to it.oh well,this is illinios for you!

Honored Contributor

Yes, mid 80s here in Chicago yesterday and today but colder weather on the way.  The a/c in our building won't be turned on until the end of the month.

Respected Contributor

Believe me, you never get used to hot, muggy days, with the electric meter spinning like a Frisbee trying to keep the home  cooled down. And, we have to conserve to avoid potential brown outs. 

I was more tolerant of it, when younger, but the older I get the harder it is to take. In 2018, hiking in the summer heat, I wound up in the ER. It's not only uncomfortable, it's very dangerous. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Warm sunday

[ Edited ]

It was 99 yesterday in Phoenix with more to come.  Our air has been on since March and won't go off until November.

Respected Contributor

thats hot for sure,but isn't your humidity always low?illinios is notorious for high humidity it zaps the you know what out of me.

Honored Contributor

With low humidity the heat is much better tolerated, it is the high humidity that makes it unbearable. 

Trusted Contributor

@Meowingkitty 

I'm also in Phoenix.  Do you notice your electric bills skyrocketing more and more year after year?

Esteemed Contributor

@pdlinda wrote:

@Meowingkitty 

I'm also in Phoenix.  Do you notice your electric bills skyrocketing more and more year after year?

Not really, we are on the budget plan where we pay the same amount all year round plus we have SRP vs APS. It's only gone up by maybe $5 a month since last year when it was so miserably hot for months on end. 

Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

Hot and muggy in my state today.I broke down yesterday,and turned on the air.it seems like i do this earlier and earlier.i do much better in cooler weather than hot.i don't know how people in the south stand the weather.maybe they are used to it.oh well,this is illinios for you!

@Luvsmyfam   NC heat and humidity...never got used toit after 70 years here. The a/c and dehumidifier goes on when it reaches 65-70 and stays on until late fall.