Honored Contributor

I have my favorite Walmarts in my area, but on a whole, my experiences haven't been unusual!  The part I hate, when going I like shopping to be enjoyable, and not having to hear screaming children, it is usually meal time or nap time, and they need to go home!

We've  all had the "gas money" trick pulled on us!  The other day a man walked up to my DH, asked for some money, said he was disable, my DH (who is an attorney) told him to file for disability, LOL!

Honored Contributor

This is funny.... years ago in San Diego we were going up to San Marcos from Poway.  On the corner as we were leaving Poway there were two people with distinctive signs on cardboard begging.  We got up to San Marcos and there were four people on a four way stop carrying the same "kind" of sign.  Same kind of cardboard, same type of printing, same type of ink and it dawned on me that these might not be individual beggars.

From that time on, where ever we went (we went all over San Diego beating the bushes for antiques) we saw the same "type" of people dressed the same type of way carrying the same type of signs on the same corners around town.  And once I swear I saw the same sign carried by another "worker" in another part of town a week later!

Sure enough, about a year later there was a blurb on the news about an organized group of beggars that would go out and beg and pool their money with the organizers of said group.  It was broken up, or at least stopped for awhile, or maybe they moved on because I've seen a group that is occasionally by our WalMart that canvas for money until the Sheriffs show up.

So now, I look at all these people and basically think they are organized beggars to maximize their input and distribution.  

I find that amazing because it takes diligence, resoucefulness and a willingness to "work" at it for the course of day, as well as a certain set of acting skills .... can you imagine their success if they applied this kind of willingness to an actual job that pays??

We have two WalMarts here and they are clean and have good products.  I don't care for their meat section and won't buy meat there anymore, nor do I like their deli.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

I have been in 2 different Walmart stores in our area and from what I saw? It was 2 too many.  Will stick with our regulars, but then again, I don't buy clothes at these types of chain stores. Will stick with Goodwill and SA.

hckynut(john)

I know that chain stores are not the same across the nation, and sounds like some people get some nice Walmarts around them, but for clothing, I can never find anything that isn't made of tissue paper quality fabric at ours. 

I've always done better at Goodwill and Volunteers of America here. Designer and high end clothing for just a few bucks. I always say I get high end (and high quality) clothing for less than Walmart prices! I love me some thrift stores!

Honored Contributor

Poor Wal-Mart.  Either loved or despised.

We have more than I can count and while most times wild horses couldn't drag me to one I do cave if I need a household product if the local market is out of stock.

What?? Doesn't everyone get all their clothes from the Q?  LOL

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@hckynut wrote:

I have been in 2 different Walmart stores in our area and from what I saw? It was 2 too many.  Will stick with our regulars, but then again, I don't buy clothes at these types of chain stores. Will stick with Goodwill and SA.

hckynut(john)

I know that chain stores are not the same across the nation, and sounds like some people get some nice Walmarts around them, but for clothing, I can never find anything that isn't made of tissue paper quality fabric at ours. 

I've always done better at Goodwill and Volunteers of America here. Designer and high end clothing for just a few bucks. I always say I get high end (and high quality) clothing for less than Walmart prices! I love me some thrift stores!

Please note my post and picture of swimsuit from Wal-Mart šŸ˜€
Respected Contributor

I see panhandlers at Walmart as well as other locations. More often than not they have a dog with them,,,this one "regular" has a cat. I have  given them  food as well as food for their pet  It is not up to me to judge,there is only one who will do that.   

Trusted Contributor

@fourpaws56 wrote:

I see panhandlers at Walmart as well as other locations. More often than not they have a dog with them,,,this one "regular" has a cat. I have  given them  food as well as food for their pet  It is not up to me to judge,there is only one who will do that.   

If they have a pet, I open my dog treats and give their dog one. Sad how they have it.