Honored Contributor

Exactly!!

@IMissSuperPoke wrote:

Spoiler

@ software wrote:

Same with mine in the city.   There's one guy that looks very able bodied with his hand out and generally only approaches women.   That's a red flag for me.  (easy target)   I read him the riot act one day when he came up behind me and he turns & goes the other way when he sees me.   Report them to security.  They are tresspassing.

@software I feel the same way that they think women are easy targets for this scam. Once, with my husband, they approached me in ear shot of him. (He was probably out smoking by the truck while I checked out as he can't smoke while I'm driving with him) he just called me one tough Cookie after he heard. They didn't ask him & I saw them pass him, then to me, they said they pulled into the parking lot on fumes. I went into on how irresponsible not to read their gauges & they drove a block in from the main road, turn into this parking lot and pointed out gas signs that were close! Ha

Honored Contributor

I went  to our local Walmart right after it opened  20 years ago and found the experiece to be disgusting.  It just seemed dirty.  

Forward 20 years later......About a Month ago hubby and I went to the same  Walmart as it had been totally redone.  Inside and out.   It was so nice!  Huge grocery section, bakery, huge freezer section and meat.... and really nice layout with clothes, etc.  lots of help.   The experience was so much better!   It is a new look for Walmart. 

Honored Contributor

I have been in 2 different Walmart stores in our area and from what I saw? It was 2 too many.  Will stick with our regulars, but then again, I don't buy clothes at these types of chain stores. Will stick with Goodwill and SA.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@IMissSuperPoke wrote:

Every time I go to Walmart I get approached iin the parking lot for hand outs. It's almost always "we ran out of gas" scam. Well, why not pull into a gas station instead of a Walmart parking lot? I'm sick of it.

Not this Wal-Mart! Never experienced before. No undesirables.
Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

I have been in 2 different Walmart stores in our area and from what I saw? It was 2 too many.  Will stick with our regulars, but then again, I don't buy clothes at these types of chain stores. Will stick with Goodwill and SA.

hckynut(john)

Disliked the Wal-Mart where used to live. Beyond horrible. Moved Boco Ratan Florida, Trust me! You have NEVER experienced before. Brand names affordable price points. Staff friendly helpful cheerful.
Honored Contributor

I like both Target and Walmart, but prefer to shop their website (more stock) then just pick up the order.

Honored Contributor

@IMissSuperPoke wrote:

Every time I go to Walmart I get approached iin the parking lot for hand outs. It's almost always "we ran out of gas" scam. Well, why not pull into a gas station instead of a Walmart parking lot? I'm sick of it.

There, but for...

And not every challenge is visible.

Honored Contributor
What impressed me besides the store itself quailty of products. Once again, Location matters. Target store also impressive. So happy moved.
Trusted Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:
This Wal-Mart incredible. Previously said, UpState New York can't compare!! NOT AT ALL!! Location Location Location!!!!šŸ™‹

Oh boy I'm stuck with the Upstate NY ones. Glad to know there's some nice ones out there.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I went  to our local Walmart right after it opened  20 years ago and found the experiece to be disgusting.  It just seemed dirty.  

Forward 20 years later......About a Month ago hubby and I went to the same  Walmart as it had been totally redone.  Inside and out.   It was so nice!  Huge grocery section, bakery, huge freezer section and meat.... and really nice layout with clothes, etc.  lots of help.   The experience was so much better!   It is a new look for Walmart. 

Yes, a lot can change in 20 years....lol