Respected Contributor

Re: Waiting at Beauty shop and them acting like you don't have appt.

I guess he doesn’t want/need your business. Many in the “service industries” act as if they are doing the customer  a favor.

Valued Contributor

Just got back from my appointment....love my stylist. He's cut my hair about 4 times now. He sends me a text about my next appt when I make the appt, then another confirming it a few days ahead of time. And I asked him to cut my hair differently today and he did exactly what I wanted.......and told me what "buzz words" to use at the next appt so he cuts it the same way again. 

It's been a long time since I've had a really really good stylist. 

Honored Contributor

I've never been to shop that scheduled appointments like that; the receptionists always schedule the appointments.  Sometimes, when I call to schedule, the receptionist will speak with the stylists first to discuss how much time to allow but the receptionist puts it in the book.  However, they now scheduled electronically.  Your guy was busy and forgot to schedule you, probably happens a lot if that's the way they do it at that shop.  He was probably just mad at hisself.

Honored Contributor

I schedule with my stylist via text (she rents salon space and is not a salon employee). 

OP - he was wrong to forget and wrong not to apologize. 

Honored Contributor

The Aveda shop I go to is very professional.  I have waited no more than about 15 minutes and they always offer to get you a drink.

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't go back to someone that didn't appreciate my business.  However, I would get in touch with a supervisor or someone in charge and let them know what happened. This guy is lacking in basic manners that everyone should possess.

Respected Contributor

He probably forgot you had proof that you had a confirmed appointment.  Interesting how people in the wrong usually get defensive and nasty when caught.