Honored Contributor

Do you celebrate Valentine's Day?

I love Valentine's Day.  I have a 12 in. eucalyptus wreath on my apt. door but I bought these red and pink paper hearts on a string that hang one after the other and hung them up with the wreath and the hearts hang down about  8 in. from the floor plus they move around.  I also love all the pretty red hearts full of chocolates.  How about you?  Do you decorate or celebrate?  HeartCat Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Re: Do you celebrate Valentine's Day?

@Katcat1  I have a Valentine's garden flag outside, with a glitter "Happy Valentine's Day" sign.  Inside, I put red valentines on my mirrors to give the room a little color, but that is about it.  Other then the couple of decorations, I don't celebrate Valentine's day.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

@CAcableGirl2  The flag sounds darling.  I don't have any decos in the apt. except two tiny red hearts (some type of shiny stone) that I keep on the kitchen sink.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@Katcat1

You tickle me pink, lol.......little Miss Holiday 😁

I like the lace stuff.....and chocolates...I give to me, myself and I...

Heart  Heart  Heart  Heart  Heart  Heart  Heart

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Respected Contributor

@cbrite  I also give to me, myself, and I.  I am never disappointed.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, at our age we celebrate everything.  We have two cute ❤❤ shaped wreaths on our front door.   Our very first date together was on Ground Hog Day 50 years ago.   We went  to the same place on Saturday night.  It used to be a sports bar and now it's a nice restaurant.  My DH gave me his class ring 12 days later which was on Valentine's Day.  We are going out with a group of our church friends on Friday night to another nice restaurant.  We will be celebrating our 49th wedding anniversary in March, Lord willing.  Life is too short to not have fun.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1

Celebrate? Now that is a subjective word, to me anyways. It is the day my wife and I were married, so it is a very special day for that reason. It is also a day of remembering my Paternal Grandfather/Paternal Grandmother, and my Mother. They all died on February 14th, and exactly 13 years apart. Grandfather 1943/Grandmother 1956, my Mother in 1969.

That is the main reason we chose to marry on February 14th, not because it was Valentine's Day.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@hckynut GOOD LORD 😳

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Respected Contributor

I start celebrating Valentine's Day when the Russell Stover strawberry hearts appear. Year after year, they bring me pleasure.

Honored Contributor

Do I decorate? Nope, stopped when the kids grew up. Celebrate? Yes, every year my honey, of 44 years, go out for a romantic dinner and small gifts afterward. :Woman HappyHeartMan Happy

"Pure Michigan"