Respected Contributor

The link to sign up here in Nebraska went live this morning, yay!  I was able to register but saw a news update the system keeps crashing and will be fixed soon.  I want to get the one-shot deal so I don't worry about the second dose.  However, I'll take whatever is available!

Honored Contributor

my mom just got back from her appointment.

she got her first pfizer innoculation and they already set her up for the second. she says it went smoothly and that she is feeling fine. she had a 1:14 pm appointment and guess what time she sat down? 1:14pm.

(maryland......scheduled via an email from our county)

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Contributor

i am from N.J but no news yet as to making an appointment.  Received confirmation re: registering on the NJ site on 1/6/21.  The site said that the state would sent an email when appointments were ready to be set up but nothing so far.  When I checked the vaccine sites in my county all sites re: ShopRite etc. were all booked.  Anyone else who registered from my state waiting?

Trusted Contributor

Made my appointment for the vaccine,which will be Jan 29th.This will take place at one of our hospitals.Will have 15 minutes to be watched after.I am ready hope all goes well.

Respected Contributor

Hi @Holidaybug .  Yes I'm in NJ and got the same email that basically says nothing.  It said I was in group 1c, but now that they changed it to people of all ages who have underlying conditions, I am in group 1b which is supposedly eligible right now.  I tried to register at a specific location, and it wouldn't even let me submit the form.  Every time I put my birth date in, it turned red and went blank.  Looks like they are only accepting 1a still.  Who knows.

Respected Contributor

@FlyersGirl

Still trying to find a place that is scheduling.   I already had tried our county's (Westmoreland) covid website.  It takes one to the State's covid website.  It lists a interactive map of facilities and pharmacies that supposedly have the vaccine, but......   well lets just say many listed don't have it;  some that do indicate they are only scheduling appointments for health care providers.  We'll just keep trying every day.

Contributor

Thanks for your quick reply.  Let us cross our fingers for an appointment in the near future for us!

Respected Contributor

After going through rigmarole, I was called to be in immediately because there was an extra dose and the next day the same thing happened to my husband!  

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Last week, I registered to get a vaccine appointment and was contacted Monday that I should be there on Thursday at a certain time, 15 minutes before my appointment. 

NC seems quite organized contacting people by email or  phone and setting up appointments at many convenient locatons. When they changed it to age 65 and over, I'm a little concerned whether the 2nd vaccine will be available when it's due. I'll just have to take that chance. 

You're lucky.  My state is so messed up. Zero organization. One hand doesn't know what the other is doing. Our governor hasn't lifted one finger to help reduce the spread in the last 11 months. 

My county opened up vaccines to people over 65 with a pre-existing condition 3 days ago. The website to sign up was probably developed by a 4 year old, definitely not intuitive or user friendly. It took me 47 minutes to sign up and I have IT experience. I have friends who gave up because they couldn't figure it out so I helped them. 

Honored Contributor

We have an appointment for tomorrow to get our 1st shot in our county here in NC.

@Shanus 

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)