Esteemed Contributor

I pretty much just go out to pick up my Walmart or Kroger orders. And I usually do that once a week, but skipped last week because of the snow.

When things do get back to somewhat normal, I'm not sure that I will change much, honestly.

Valued Contributor

@SeaMaiden 

Personally, I would be going nuts! I can't stay home a week, much less two. I don't care anything about watching daytime tv and there is just so much you can do at home before it gets very boring. I enjoy seeing other people and getting out and about energizes me.

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Valued Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@tobes 

I'm scheduled for my second Moderna shot 3/5, please post your experience with any side effects with your second if you don't mind!

@KingstonsMom, my daughter is in her 30's and works in healthcare so she got both her doses of the Moderna shot already. She sent me a message the day after the second shot and told me she felt really awful so be prepared for that possibility. She felt better, although not 100%, by the next day but for a short time, she felt very sick.  I saw where our local schools have scheduled the school day to be off the day after the teachers get their second dose because of the possibility of side effects. Not everyone seems to feel this sick but some do so just be prepared and know that it will pass. I wish you well with it!

Respected Contributor

Re: Two weeks now...

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

It would be weird for me, but if you don't tell me what to do, I'll extend the same courtesy.

I'm living within the restrictions that are currently in place in my area, but that doesn't preclude me from going to the gym, dining out, shopping in person, etc

We all live in different areas of the country, have different situations, concerns and comfort levels. Everyone should do what's best for them. 

@FrostyBabe1. If you lived where I live, you'd be precluded from going to the gym, dining out, shopping in many stores as well as a plethora of other things as they have all been closed since last March.  We feel we should do what's best for our fellow citizens of the state.

.   Yes, and no entertainment venues are open. No movies, theater, bowling etc.  Our restaurants just opened for in door eating at 25% capacity last week.  Our Gov. has taken this seriously since day one in early March.   I do wish she'd lowered the vaccine age to 65.  We stayed at 75 and I have no idea why.  One of only 5 states at 75.   Waiting waiting.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I go to the office once and sometimes twice a week so I get to put real clothes on but I've gotten lazy where I dread it. But I better get used to it as we were told yesterday, we are going back to the office 3/1/21 at 25% and I'm part of that group. 

I hope Spring Break and Easter don't bring the numbers up now that more people are vaccinated. 

Everyone be safe.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden 

I haven't been any place but to get my first shot.  I then put on what I call real clothes -- which really consisted of sweat pants and a t-shirt!  Normally, I'm in p.j.s and slippers these days.  I used to want to be out somewhere every day, even if it was just to run in a store but since the virus, I've gotten used to being home, which is good and bad!  I do miss going out to eat occasionally and things of this nature.  But I'm more of a homebody and don't really enjoy most social activities the way I used to.  I don't know if that's considered the new norm, but it's my new norm!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom 

Same here!  DH and I both have significant issues with lungs and so have been pretty much home for a year now!  We have gone out only when necessary.  Thankfully, we were pretty much used to staying home a great deal of the time any way, but we do miss going out to dinner and a few other things occasionally! 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

I only go every couple weeks in the very early a.m. to Walmart and then it's always been so cold and terrible out, that I am bundled to the hilt, so I don't much care what I look like!  I figure when the weather improves (if it ever does), and I can finally shed my coat,etc., I will be more inclined to try and be more fashionable!  LOL! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have deep concern for some of us who were living vigorous, active, intensely pleasant lives before this was done to us.

I WANT MY LIFE BACK. 

I WORKED SO HARD FOR IT, lived by the rules AND EXPECTED OTHERS TO TRY TO DO HE SAME, offered others help, took joy from simple and complex things.

My life now is one way or another entwined in the invisible- will I wake up in pain in the middle of the night? Will my husband be able to hug me without waiting for me to tell him what my pain level is at a given moment? Will I want to share a pleasantry with a companion and find myself lost for words? ME, LOST FOR WORDS?

This is beyond unthinkable. I WILL NOT let go of hope. And FOR SURE, I won't give up on the cozy comforts I've learned about HOME LIFE.

Hoping for every one of us whose lives have been attacked by this, that we can each find our way back to our best stuff AND CONTINUE TO RELISH IT, OR FOR SOME OF US, RECLAIM IT.

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom .....no bad effects from my seond moderna shot yesterday...just a sore arm at the injection spot.  So far side effects are not as bad as after the first jab.